These are Grrrrrreat!
Oy. Forgive me. I’m trying to have a monster-ly play on words, but now all I can think about are frosted flakes.
I digress and let’s move onto the outrageously good bars we have here.
You see, I usually send the majority of my baked goods into work with my husband. Yes, his coworkers either love me (regular baked goods…yay!) or hate me (extra pounds they have to loose…oops). But with these bars, I took a bite and then couldn’t stop. I had to save a few of these bars for desserts at home. They’re that good.
But, seriously, how can you go wrong with a bunch of chocolate, cookies, butter, and oats?
Now, go make these bars and have an excellent weekend!
Monster Cookie Bars
adapted from Something Swanky
- 10 sheets of low fat graham crackers, crushed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cups dark chocolate M&Ms
- 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9″ x 13″ pan with parchment paper or non-stick foil. Spray with canola oil. Set aside.
- Stir the graham cracker crumbs and butter together until combined.
- Press the graham cracker crust into the pan.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the graham cracker crust.
- Sprinkle the oats, M&Ms, and chocolate chips evenly over the sweetened condensed milk and gently press in a little.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and pulling away from the edges.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.
Yum! These remind me of magic cookie bars…monsterized. 🙂 A happy Friday indeed!
These are so fun! I am always pawning off my sweets onto others. I think they love it and hate it at the same time!
I love monster cookies! Pretty sure I would be setting some aside, too! 🙂
I am another monster cookie fan, so I think monster cookie bars need to go on my list. 😀
These sound really, really good. Love that combination of crunch and chocolate.
You pour sweetened condensed milk over the crust? Oh my gosh. I bet these are the best bars ever! I love sweetened condensed milk. I have a can in the fridge that I’ve just been eating with a spoon. Yum.
What a great adaptation! We’ll be trying these, they are so much prettier with the bright colours 🙂
Mmmm, love the simplicity of this recipe! And I’m basically powerless against any baked good with M&M’s so I’m all about these 🙂
These are my kinda bar! And sweetened condensed milk and I are basically married, so…
Oh pretty please pass me a bar or two?!
Why don’t you make your recipe so it can be printed?
That’s actually a feature that will be coming soon with the facelift that we’re doing for Chocolate & Carrots. 😀 Thank you for the recommendation, too! 😀
try these with melted chocolate poured over the top or even microwave fudge before it sets. evev better!