If you’ve been reading chocolate & carrots for a while you know my love for chocolate and peanut butter. Evidence, evidence, and more evidence.
I usually only use peanut butter in sweet dishes, but it is equally delicious in savory asian dishes.
Speaking of Asian dishes, my absolute favorite dish is Pad Thai. I always get it when I go to our local favorite Thai place, Basil. Woohoo, shout out to the Basil lovers! And I attempted to make my own with Trader Joe’s sauce a while back, but it just didn’t compare. It was still good, don’t get me wrong, but it was just missing that Basil flair.
Anyway. When I spotted this dish on Averie Cooks, I knew it would taste good. It was so simple and accentuated the peanut butter flavor. Yum!
I was right. It was fabulous! The warm peanut flavor and spices were the perfect balance to the healthy veggies.
Go make it. You won’t regret it!
Peanut & Vegetable Asian Noodles
adapted from Averie Cooks
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- dash of cayenne pepper
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package pad thai rice noodles
- 1/2 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- (optional…because I forgot them) 1/2 cup peanuts
- green onions, chopped for garnish
- In a bowl, stir together the sesame oil, honey, peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, cayenne, and pepper. Set aside.
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil.
- Add in the rice noodles, stirring a little to separate. Let boil for 1 minute.
- Add in the frozen broccoli, carrots, and red pepper to the rice noodles. Continue to boil for 4 more minutes.
- Drain the noodles and vegetables and pour into a large bowl.
- Pour in the peanut sauce and stir to coat.
- Add in the grape tomatoes.
- Serve warm with green onions (and peanuts).
This sounds really tasty and perfect for a quick week-night supper!
Mmmm…this looks delicious! I love all things pad-thai-ish! 🙂
So glad you tried and liked my recipe! I just love peanut sauce and your meal is making me hungry again for it 🙂
Love these flavors!!
Those look awesome-I love rice noodles!
Yum….we are LOVIN peanut sauce in our house…so another reason for me to make this dish:-)
I love asian food! Its so good!! Ive never been brave enough to attempt cooking it myself. I think I should… This looks really great.
OMG!!! This looks delicious. I must try it. Hugs.
“Optional…because I forgot them.” Too funny! This looks so bright and delicious. I love noodle dishes like these.
Hahaha! It’s how a roll. 😉