Oh, yeah. Remember this from instagram? Yeah, it’s time to share. I’ve been loving my crock pot lately. It’s a life saver. Once the evening rolls around, we’re all exhausted and Liam is fussy and only wants to be held. With a crock pot, I’m able to make dinner before we get to that point.
This Italian flared meal was super quick, and I couldn’t stop peaking at it, letting the deliciously smelling steam give me a pizza facial. 😀 Oh, come on…you’ve done it too. 😉
It’s a hybrid of pizza and pasta, with a baked consistency. The crunchy and chewy outside was our favorite. Logan and I fought over who got those spoonfuls. Yeah, we’re boring if the only thing we fight over is pasta crust. 😉 Oye. I need to get out more.
Alas, I’m sad to say that I had to say goodbye to my poor crock pot last week. It had a lovely meeting with my kitchen floor, shattering into a million pieces. Yes, that thick stone can break. Who knew!?!
I’m on the lookout for either a new one or a replacement stone if I ever get around to looking online for parts. Anyone else ever broken your crock pot?
I can’t wait to tell you how I managed to break it! Haha. You’re going to laugh. I did.
Crock Pot Pizza Spaghetti
adapted from Taste of Home
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (24 ounce) container of mariana sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 16 ounces noodles (I used a combo of corkscrew and egg noodles)
- 2 cups of shredded 2% milk cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 40 slices turkey pepperonis
- In a saute pan, sauté the turkey and onions until no pink is left and the onions are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the packaged instructions.
- Once the meat and onions are done, stir in the mariana, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
- Spray your crock pot with canola oil.
- Spread 1/2 of the mariana sauce on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Spread 1/2 of the noodles on top of that.
- Spread 20 of the pepperonis.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheeses.
- Pour the remaining mariana sauce, noodles, pepperonis, and cheeses.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.