I am pleasantly surprised at how light and fluffy these muffins turned out. They are almost to a cupcake consistency with a delicious, sweet, and crunchy streusel topping.
Oh. My. Streusel.
I feel like that’s something the German’s would say. Erin, am I right? 😉
Well, I wish I had more of these muffins, but we ate them all. You see, we left yesterday to go on our first mini-family vacation as a family of
three four (we took Leland). We’re up in North Carolina cruising the Blue Ridge Parkway all day today. We’ll be back tomorrow! But, I really wish we had some of these muffins for the trip. Alas, I guess granola bars and pb&j’s will have to do.
What’s your favorite road trip food, anyway?
Well, we’re looking forward to some good eats tonight in Asheville. Mmmm!
But yeah, they’re so good…there’s none left.
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
adapted from Gimme Some Oven
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (15 oz.) can organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cinnamon Streusel Topping Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 heaping tablespoon unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line two muffin pans with 16-18 muffin liners.
- Mix the streusel ingredients together. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a bowl until combined. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, stir the butter, sugar, pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla together until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Fill the muffin liners 2/3rds the way up.
- Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of streusel.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
These muffins do look amazing. Have a wonderful time!!
Yum! Looks delish!
I love love love all things Pumpkin these muffins look perfect. Anything topped with streusel is a win!
Mmm, they look great! There is a fine line between cupcakes and muffins sometimes, isn’t there? Haha. Have a great trip in NC!
Oh my streusel indeed! These are gorgeous, and not just because I’m currently obsessed with all things pumpkin. 🙂 Have a great weekend!
Erin these look great-yum!
I love a good streusel on my muffins. What a recipe!
Love how these are whole wheat! Oh, and that streusel topping is perfect!
Streusel toppings are the best!
I love streusel tops! They really are the best!!! These look really good 🙂 I love that plate too! So adorable
Haha, yeah. I should totally start saying, “Ach mein Streusel!” and see if it catches on. 🙂
These look so good! Love that they’re 100% whole wheat. Have fun on the rest of your trip!