Warning: These are addicting. You won’t be able to stop at one. Luckily, the author of this recipe made it a little bit healthier for you, so you can have two.
I’m not even kidding. My husband had to pry these away from me to take with him to work. I just wanted to keep them around and just keep munching away! I’m always a fan of blondies, but the butterscotch mixed with the chocolate flavors is just plain decadent. Plus, they are moist and gooey, making them all the better!
Look at that goodness!!!
I hope you enjoy these little treats. They are perfection in a square. Perfect for the Thanksgiving/wedding anniversary tomorrow, or even my birthday today! 😉
Healthier Butterscotch Chocolate Blondies
adapted from Becky Bakes
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8″ square pan with parchment paper or non-stick foil. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and butterscotch together (about 1-2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds), whisking until smooth.
- Stir in the canola oil, honey, eggs, egg white, and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in the flour until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- (Optional) Sprinkle with 1/2 cup more of butterscotch chips.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a cake tester comes out with a few crumbs.
Servings: 18 small bars or 9 large bars
These look so chewy!! What an awesome recipe!