Warms the soul and perfect to make during baby’s nap time, this quick crock-pot chili is the way to go. I feel like that sentence was very yoda of me. 😉 Anyway, I love a good hearty chili to fill the belly and warm up on these cold nights.
While you’re busy like me, running around trying to get everything ready for the holidays, you’ll be happy to know that chili is on the stove ready for dinner whenever you can break for a minute to eat!
Oh, and stay tuned for Wednesday…my B-DAY! 😀
Quick Crock-Pot Chili
adapted from emeals – Publix for 2 plan
- 1/2 pound ground meat (I used lean turkey)
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 5 (15 ounce) cans beans, rinsed and drained (I used 2 black beans, 1 chickpea, 1 kidney, and 1 pinto)
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup water
- In a pan or pot, brown the meat and onion together. (My crock-pot was broken, so I just did this all in a large pot on the stove, but feel free to use your slow cooker.)
- Add the browned meat and onions to the crock pot along with the rest of the ingredients. (If using a pot, add in the remaining ingredients to the meat and onions.)
- Simmer on low heat for 3-8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, non-fat plain greek yogurt (or light sour cream), and green onions.