I’m so thankful to whomever came up with both chocolate & peanut butter…then, whomever took it to the next level and combined the two. Thank you to the Einstein of the palate! It’s that combination that just makes me happy, no matter what form of food it takes. I’m just so glad in this case, it’s taken the form of a cookie. 🙂
This cookie is part of The Pampered chef Holiday Bake-Off using the GIANT baking bundle! I’m not even kidding, the box that all of these goodies came in was huge! Here’s just a taste of what was included in the bundle that I used for this recipe. And I have to say, I’m truly loving all of these excellent tools!
Just the other day at Target, I was oh-so-tempted to buy a new oven mit, because the cloth ones I have allow the heat to leak through and burn your hands if you hold things for too long. Ouch! But, this silicone oven mit is perfect and super soft in the inside. Oh, and I’m always looking for brown parchment paper that has the cutter on the box to rip it off and I’ve never found one until this box! Yippee!
I could seriously go on and on. The products are great and I’m so excited to give you the chance to win all of the over $200 worth of baking goodies!
Okay, back to these cookies.
Typical peanut butter cookies are more like shortbread and hard, but these peanut butter cookies are soft and chewy. Just how I like them! The dip of bittersweet chocolate on the end is a wonderful Einstein-compliment to the peanut butter flavor. And I love the crunchy texture of the peanut sprinkles.
Can I just use peanut sprinkles on everything?
Alright, you’ve got to promise me you’ll make these cookies. It couldn’t be easier with a drop cookie!
…they are 100% whole wheat. You wouldn’t be able to tell from a mile away. That’s how good they are. Just don’t look at how much butter and sugar is in them. It’s the holiday’s, we’ll just let it slide. 😉
The glass airtight container is the perfect size for these giant cookies. Unfortunately, they didn’t last long enough to enjoy the benefit of airtightness. They’re just so good!!!
Oh, and be sure to check out the gif down at the bottom! 😀
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
adapted from Simply Fresh Cooking
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% cocoa chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine the peanut butter, butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Scoop out the dough using a cookie scoop (I used a 2 tablespoon scoop), and put on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet spacing 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before putting the cookies on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a bowl, melt the chocolate in a bowl, microwaving for 20 seconds at a time, stirring until melted.
- Dip the cookies in the chocolate and lay on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with the crusted peanuts.
- Allow the chocolate to dry, then store in an air tight container.
Servings: 11 large cookies or 22 medium cookies
The Pampered Chef Baking Bundle (retail value: $202.75) includes:
- Silicone Oven Mitt
- Decorator Bottle Set
- Creative Cutters Set
- Cookie Sheet
- Stainless Steel Cookie Scoops (small, medium)
- Cookie Press
- Shimmering Glass Round Platter
- Small Batter Bowl
- Parchment Paper
- Double-Strength Madagascar Vanilla
- Adjustable Measuring Spoons