Okay. Imagine making a hybrid of the following:
- marinara sauce
- sausage skillet
Yes, that is what I’d define this dish to be. It’s SO good. You’ve got a warm dish, full of flavor, vegetables, sausage and cheese ravioli! It makes a huge batch, so we froze half for an easy weeknight meal and ate the rest right off the pot. Yum!
Speaking of ravioli, I need to make a homemade ravioli. Have you ever made it homemade?
😀 I bet Liam will be a fan soon enough!
Oh, and this mini ravioli comes from Trader Joe’s. We’re getting one in Columbia soon! Eeee!
Go make this soup!
Mini Ravioli Soup
- 1 pound organic sweet italian sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional)
- 2 medium zucchinis, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (26 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water + 1 vegetable bouillon cube (or 2 cups chicken/beef broth)
- 16 ounces mini ravioli (I used Trader Joes brand)
- fresh basil, to top
- Brown the sausage in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Once cooked, put it to a separate plate, leaving just 1 teaspoon of the grease in the pot.
- Brown the onion and garlic in the pot.
- Once the onion has become tender, add in the wine allowing it to simmer until reduced.
- Add in the wine, zucchini, carrots, Italian seasoning sausage and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, 2 cups of water, and the bouillon cube.
- Let simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Just before serving, add in the ravioli and cook until done.
- Serve with fresh basil pieces and parmesan cheese.
Note: Towards the end when I was cooking the ravioli, I had to add another 3 cups of water to make it more ‘soupy’. 😀
I wish I can have some now, it’s very cold here today and looking at your soup made me want it so bad. This soup is full of flavor. I’ll try it out for sure 🙂
I love this! My little man would too! What a great soup!
This looks awesome! I haven’t had breakfast yet, and this is making me want soup already 🙂
This looks so good and would be comforting to my cold right now. We have made lots of homemade pasta but only conquered ravioli once. Definitely worth it!
I love mini ravioli. It is just too cute and tasty for words 🙂 I love this mix on the dish! Love it, especially for the cold season!
This soup looks absolutely perfect–yum!
That soup looks delicious. What a great idea to have ravioli in soup.
Oh wow. Take out the zucchini and carrots and I would be all over this! I’ve been making lasagna soup recently and love it so I’m sure this would work for me, too. I don’t like soup but lasagna and ravioli soup sound like… I don’t know. Not really soup. Therefore, okay for me. 😉
I made this wonderful soup for dinner for my family tonight! Everyone loved it! It is cold and snowy in Boston and this was the perfect meal for dinner tonight!
I am making this for dinner this week!
I made this recipe and it was wonderful! Everyone in my house thoroughly enjoyed it and I can’t wait to have leftovers tomorrow!
I’m so happy to hear that Larissa! That is a definite staple in my house. 😀