Fact: I love chocolate.
I love chocolate so much I’d put it on my popcorn…
…and I’d put it in my krispies treats?!?
You’ve got that right! The genius people at Kernel Season’s have made chocolate versions of their delicious flavorings. My personal favorite now being Chocolate Marshmallow. So, I decided, what better way to enjoy Chocolate Marshmallow than in a chocolate marshmallow treat!?
Done and done.
Slice it up and you’ve got a perfectly amazing rice krispie treat.
I’ve also thoroughly enjoyed putting both the Chocolate Marshmallow and Milk Chocolate Caramel seasonings in my smoothies. It just takes the flavor to a whole new dimension.
As for the Apple Cinnamon seasoning, hello delicious oatmeal or pancakes for breakfast!
Anyway. I was ecstatic when I heard of their sweet flavors (pun intended). Every time we go to the movies, it’s like there’s some sort of magnetic force that pulls my mom over to the Kernel Season’s stand to douse her popcorn with that stuff. Knowing there’s a sweet option, I do believe I’ll be sneaking these into my purse. Shhh…don’t tell! 😉
Chocolate Marshmallow Treats
adapted from Publix Marshmallow Bag
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2.5 tablespoons Kernel Seasonings Chocolate Marshmallow powder
- 10.5 ounce bag small marshmallows
- 5 cups rice crispies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cover a 13″ x 9″ pan with non-stick foil or parchment paper. Spray with canola oil spray. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a small bowl.
- Mix the Kernel Seasonings powder into the melted butter. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick pot over medium heat, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Once melted, add in the marshmallows and chocolate butter that you previously set aside.
- Stir until melted and combined.
- Quickly stir in the crispies until combined.
- At the last minute, quickly fold in the chocolate chips.
- Quickly pour into your prepared pan.
- Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top for decoration.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Now for the fun part! It’s giveaway time!
a Rafflecopter giveaway