America, meet Mexico.
Yep, the perfect hybrid of spicy fiesta flavors and the great american classic to recharge your batteries (pun intended). Phew…I crack myself up.
But seriously, this burger was such a quick and easy way to vamp up (not in the twilight way) a weeknight meal. You don’t even have to open up a packet of taco seasoning, you can make just enough for your burgers!
Winner, winner, ey ey ey, turkey dinner!
Tex Mex Turkey Burger
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 4-5 hamburger buns
- lettuce or spinach
- 4-5 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin and pepper together. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, gently combine the turkey, egg and oats until just combined.
- Separate the meat into 4-5 balls, pressing down to flat 3 1/2 inch circles.
- Sprinkle the seasoning onto the burgers.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- To assemble the hamburgers, place the turkey burgers, cheese, lettuce and salsa on the hamburger buns.
- Enjoy with your favorite sides!
Servings: 4-5 burgers
Wow, this looks like something I would definitely love 😀 I have to try it!! Can you send me one through my screen?? 🙂 Lovely blog!
I love cooking with ground turkey! Thanks for the recipe.
I love love love Mexican food and turkey burgers. This is great that you combined two of my favorite things!
I tend not to make turkey burgers all that often because they can be a bit bland. With all the awesome spices and flavors in this one, I know it would be anything but bland! It sounds delicious and looks SO scrumptious. WANT! =)
Oh heavens! I could eat that whole thing right there. Mmm, I definitely want some of those buns (the hamburger buns that is 😉 )
Love this! Lately all I buy is ground turkey, we love it. Definitely need to try this out!
This looks great! I use a lot of ground chicken and am always looking for new ways to make it. I love that by adding a few spices you can create a totally different burger. Can’t wait to try it. Thanks!
This sounds like great flavors for a turkey burger! Love it!
yeah for a turkey burger recipe…i am not a red meat eater so love when i see a burger recipe i can enjoy….all the spices in this sound sooo good…and your pictures that burger looks perfect!
I am so looking forward to burger season here! We don’t usually eat them much in the winter but hopefully it won’t be too much longer until spring arrives!
Ah I love it and you, funny girl xo
I am a big fan of turkey burgers–especially in the summer. The oats is an interesting addition–need to try them soon!
I love burger season!!! these sound absolutely delicious. Bring on sunshine, beer, and burgers!
Yum, these look so great! We love turkey bloggers!
These were delicious and I had most of the ingredients on hand. I used a pineapple-mango salsa for a sweeter tang and I definitely recommend using spinach over lettuch. I’ll be having these for lunch all week! <3
Gorgeous! These burgers look amaaazing!
Loving this combination of flavors! What a great, easy recipe.
Oats in this recipe? Sign me up 🙂
Love making turkey burgers, the flavors sound incredible – gorgeous!
I love that salsa oozing over that cheese. This looks great! Tasty way to dress up a turkey burger!
These were awesome 🙂 I however did not have cumin :/ but still tasted great!
Oh, I’m so glad to hear that! Such a great version of a burger. 😀