I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: the kitchen, Asian cuisine and myself don’t really get along. I’ve had numerous failed attempts at it and this was not one of them! Yay!
Looking back, I told you the story of my newlywed days and give you a recipe for Chap Chae with Tempeh, which was delicious. Fast forward a bit and we have both Brown Rice Beef Stir Fry and an amazing Peanut & Vegetable Asian Noodles dish which is my go-to for quick Asian cuisine.
I had a blast making these vegetable spring rolls. They were super easy to make. I think the hardest part was finding where the rice paper wrappers were in the grocery store! 😉
Thai Kitchen and Simply Asia make it really easy to get your hands on quality ingredients to fit perfectly in Asian dishes made at home. Plus, their recipe for these spring rolls is delicious! I know my husband and I now are basically drinking the Sweet Red Chili dipping sauce. It’s so good!
Vegetable Spring Rolls
Slightly adapted from Thai Kitchen
- 2 single-serve packages Thai Kitchen Purple Corn & Rice Noodles
- 12 round rice paper wrappers (8 1/2-inch)
- 2 large red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup peeled carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce, dipping
- First, you’ll need to cook the noodles by adding them to a pot of boiling water, stirring the noodles to separate them. Let them boil for about 5 minutes until al dente. Drain the noodles. Put them in a bowl of cold water. Set aside.
- Now we’ll assemble the noodles:
- Dip the rice paper wrappers in a 9″ pie plate filled with warm water for a few seconds until coated.
- Lay the wet wrapper on a clean surface and quickly pat with a dry paper towel.
- Lay a few noodles (about 1/4 cup) on one side of the wrapper, leaving a 1 1/2″ border around the wrapper.
- Lay a few cucumber pieces down above the noodles on the wrapper.
- Lay a few red bell pepper and carrot pieces next to the cucumber.
- Sprinkle some cilantro and peanuts on the noodles.
- Fold the roll by bringing up one of the sides.
- Bring the other side towards the first.
- Gently lay the third side on top of the first two.
- Gently, but tightly begin to roll the wrapper up.
- Finish off the wrapping by tucking the goodies inside as you close off the roll.
- Lay the rolls on a platter that has been covered with wet paper towels.
- Cover the rolls as you make them with another wet paper towel.
- Once you finish making the rolls, cover completely with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
Note: We thoroughly enjoyed microwaving them for a few seconds so they were slightly warm. Mmm!
Now, go impress your next dinner party with these Vegetable Spring Rolls and be sure to scroll below to enter the Thai Kitchen giveaway!