I don’t know if it’s because of Valentine’s day coming soon, that we had a record warm temperatures in January or just because they love us that our grocery stores would be having sales on strawberries!
No matter what the reason, I’m loving the oodles of strawberries that we’ve been consuming recently….and relatively cheaply. We’ve been paying $2 for a 1/2 quart of strawberries. What are prices like in your area? Just curious.
Muffins it is!
Whole Wheat Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 3/4 cup diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray your muffin tin with canola oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flours and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the honey, brown sugar, applesauce and egg white.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips. Feel free to save a few chocolate chips to sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Evenly disperse the batter between 10 muffin spots in your tin.
- (Optional) Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Miniature chocolate chips look best here.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin.
- Remove from the muffin tin and either eat right away or let cool completely on a cooling rack.
Servings: 10 muffins