When you get married you go scan happy, registering for all sorts of home products. One of these products that we registered for was your standard waffle maker, making these tasty things. However, I didn’t realize that it would make more of a flat waffle instead of the fluffiness of the belgian waffle.
So, when we got a belgian waffle maker for Christmas, we’ll have waffles no other way!
The belgian waffle maker makes even the whole-wheatiest of waffles taste light and fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. When served immediately with syrup, the crispy outside soaks up the sweet syrup like a sponge.
Well, I’m letting you in on our little secret and sharing our go-to waffle recipe. I’ve tried a ton of them and this is by far our favorite. The best thing is you can make them plain or add in whatever you’d like from berries to cinnamon to chocolate chips!
How do you take your waffles?
Easy Whole Wheat Waffles
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat your belgain waffle maker.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk all of the wet ingredients together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients.
- Stir until just combined, don’t over stir, little chunks are okay.
- (Optional) Fold in 1 cup fresh or frozen berries or chocolate chips.
- Scoop out the recommended amount of batter into the greased waffle maker and allow them to cook according to the waffle maker’s instructions.
- Enjoy hot with syrup!
Servings: 4-5 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle maker
Oooh – I’ve always wanted a Belgian waffle maker! These look so wonderful!!! (And I love your drizzling photo!)
Oh, you neeeed a Belgian waffle maker. It makes all the difference in the world. Craziness!
I actually came to the computer looking for a belgian waffle recipe but I checked my e-mail first. There your post was, that means I have to make them! 🙂
Dooo it! 😀 Hehe!
These pictures are so pretty! (Well all of your pictures are!) This recipe looks incredible. I really need to get a waffle iron (belgian of course!)
Aww, thank you Carla! And you definitely need a belgian waffle maker. 😀
hahaha i totally remember going scan happy…then my husband taking the scanner away and him trying to go scan happy…i still raz him about what he registered for. i don’t use my belgain waffle maker enough…so i think this should be what i make for breakfast this weekend.
Wasn’t that just so fun! My husband’s brother is getting ready to get married and we were just telling them how fun it was to register! 🙂
I love it! I have been on a whole wheat kick recently and love it in pancakes/waffles.
One of my favorite breakfasts! The whole wheat really fills you up nicely too. 😀