I love a good chicken salad (no lie, while I was typing chicken salad, I typed chocolate…chocolate is always on the brain), especially tossed right on top of a bed of lettuce. You don’t even need dressing!
This peanut-y, Asian flare makes for a scrumptious salad, calling me to pile on the veggies!
What’s your favorite way to top a salad?
Thai Peanut Chicken Salad
adapted from emeals Whole Foods for Two
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 2-4 cups mixed greens and lettuce
- 1 medium carrot, sliced using a grater or peeler
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts
- spritz from a lime
- (optional) chopped peanuts
- In a small sauce pan, bring the brown sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and coconut milk to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded chicken.
- Assemble your salad with the mixed greens, carrots, bean sprouts, peanut chicken, and spritz of lime juice.
- (Optional) Add chopped peanuts.
- Enjoy while the chicken is warm.
This recipe is my adaptation from my eMeals for 2 Plan. If you’re interested in getting more recipes like this and having your meal plan done for you, use discount code BLISS13 for 15% off.
YUM! I love me a good chicken salad too and this one looks incredible!
Haha, I can relate to the chocolate issue! I’m terribly lazy about making salads at home, but this one sounds awesome. I’m getting hungry just thinking about the combo of Asian flavors mixed with the chicken 🙂
Oh, I want this for lunch! Alongside a piece of chocolate! 🙂
Wish I was having this, then a giant chocoalte chip cookies for lunch today!
Ooooh – you said the magic “Thai peanut” words. 😉 This looks absolutely delicious!
this is def. my kind of salad- as long as there is peanut in a recipe, I will gladly eat it XOXO
I’m with you there! Peanut butter is always calling my name. 😀
HAHA! That is too funny! Chocolate is a good thing to be on the brain 😉 And this salad needs to be in my tummy!
Wow! I love the way you cut the veggies! This looks stunning!
Thank you so much Christina! 😀
This is just a stunning salad! Asian inspired salads are so tasty.
Thank you Julia! I agree. Asian-like salads are delicious! 😀
we are so loving asian flavors in our household….the bright colors in your salad look much needed on the dreary rainy day here.
This is right up my alley! Where’s my fork? ; )
Love a thai themed chicken salad yummm : ))
Now guess what I’m about to make for tonights dinner?! Yep, your recipe 🙂 Thanks for the idea. I love Thai salads & soups quite a lot. Any soup recommendations?