I’m not sure if you’ve seen it, but there are recipes out there that make chocolate pudding with avocado. It’s CrAzY healthy and apparently delicious. I always get so jealous of it because I can’t have avocado. Stupid stomach.
After doing some more research, I found out you can use dates as a thickener and sweetener substitute and stumbled upon this mousse recipe.
I had no idea all of the wonderful ways to incorporate dates into dessert! From chocolate truffles to date bread and from smoothies to energy bars. Who knew!? Natural Delights has a ton of date recipes, so take your pick.
Okay, back to mousse.
It’s thick and creamy and chocolaty and delicious!
One spoonful and you’ll be hooked. My husband literally wiped me out of dates with this mousse recipe.
I will never doubt the power of dates again. Such a beautiful ingredient. Just be prepared to run your blender for a LONG time. I may need another Blendtec after blending so many dates! 😉
Chocolate Date Mousse
adapted from Vegan Magic
- 1 (400ml) can full fat coconut milk (see special instructions)
- 8 ounces pitted and diced soft dried dates (19 dates for me)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- (Special Instructions) Place the coconut milk can in the fridge for at least 8 hours. Once chilled, do not shake and turn the can upside down and open at the bottom. Drain the clear liquid out of the can, saving for a smoothie or soups for later. Spoon the white thick coconut milk out to use for the recipe.
- In a food processor or blender, such as a Blendtec, blend the dates and the thick coconut milk until completely blended. This will take a few minutes.
- Once smooth, blend in the cocoa powder and vanilla until combined.
- Pour into four small ramekins or bowls.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or even overnight.
- Serve cold with whipping cream ands sprinkles!
So let’s celebrate this Chocolate Date Mousse with a little giveaway!