Don’t ask me how I’ve done it, but I’ve been without an oven for over one week. While the urge to back cookies is sky high, all I can think about is this roasted vegetable pasta. It was one of the last dishes I made at our first house.
There’s something just so simple and elegant about this dish.
Simple ingredients. Powerful meal.
Now you’ll have to excuse me while I go make 2 dozen cookies.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- 1 cup brussel sprouts, halved and trimmed
- 1 onion, wedged
- 5 small red potatoes, quartered
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Combine the brussel sprouts, onion, red potatoes, thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil together in a bowl, tossing to coat.
- Place on a parchment paper, non stick foil, or silpat covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until roasted.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to packaged instructions, saving 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Remove the thyme sprigs from the vegetables.
- Mix the pasta, 1/4 cup of the pasta water, parmesan cheese and vegetables together in a bowl. Tossing to mix.
- Serve warm.