Don’t even get me started. I can’t believe our baby is 1 year old! It’s amazing what he’s learning every day and it’s been so amazing sharing those things with you along the way. Since I couldn’t have all of you amazing friends over for his birthday, let’s celebrate today with a recap of Liam’s birthday party…in photos.
And to finish the party off…a funny-faced photo of Liam’s parents, 5 aunts, 1 uncle, 4 grandparents and 8 great-grandparents! (Pops – Liam’s maternal great-grandfather wasn’t feeling well, so he sat this one out…hope you’re feeling better Pops!)
Now, let’s get to the specifics:
- Decorations – from minted. I chose the ‘perfect party pack’ in the Colorful Balloons theme. It came with almost everything I needed to pull off the party, including precious welcome signs that read, ‘Birthday AHEAD’ and ‘Welcome to Liam’s 1st Birthday Party!’ that we displayed up our driveway. The shipping was incredibly fast and even when the signs got damaged in shipping, they sent new ones right away. I can’t tell you how much I’d recommend minted. As a bonus, the designs on minted. are made by indie designers! I just love the thought that someone at home, submitted their designs and now I have it at Liam’s party! So fun!
- Chalkboard welcome sign – Come back later for a full DIY one how to make it come alive for CHEAP!
- Balloons and blue table cloth – If It’s Paper
- Month by Month photo tree – printed at Walgreens
- Food and drinks:
- Grilled beef, turkey and veggie burgers
- Vegetarian baked beans – yes, I used canned
- Rainbow fruit skewers
- Pasta salad
- Cupcakes – carrot and chocolate with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles
- Flavored water, unsweetened tea, lemonade and sodas
- Party Favors – printed wallet-sized photos of Liam at 12 months, personalized thank you note from Liam and ‘1’ sugar cookie.
Come back tomorrow to see the CAKE SMASH!