Are you ready for the gooeyness!?
I think I could just stare at that photo for hours. So fudgy.
Okay, I digress. We ended up watching a movie at both of our pj parties. First, we watched The Oranges. It was interesting, but good. Have you seen it? The second night we watched an oldie, but goodie…The First Wives Club. Love that movie! Such an amazing cast.
Dessert is the key component of watching a movie, so it’s only natural that two chocolate and peanut butter lovers, would make these brownies.
So, are you having fun at our virtual pajama party?! What’s your favorite dessert of choice while watching a movie? It’s these brownies. I know it. 😉
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Brownie from Texanerin Baking and Ganache adapted from Texanerin Baking
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup organic canola oil (see note below)
- 3 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 1/2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Set aside a parchment paper covered 8″ x 8″ pan.
- In a large bowl, stir the sugar and oil together.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla until completely combined.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder and salt until just combined. Be sure not to over stir.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 17-19 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan over low heat, stir the honey and coconut oil until the honey is dissolved, but it still will be separated from the oil. Stir in the vanilla and cocoa powder. Remove from the heat and let sit on the counter for at least 5 minutes, while the brownies cool. Stir in the peanut butter and greek yogurt and pour over the brownies.
Note: I recently learned that most canola oil contains GMO’s, so make sure you buy organic or certified no-gmo canola oil. You can also try using expeller or cold pressed sunflower oil, safflower oil, grape seed oil, walnut oil or refined coconut oil.