Baked potatoes aren’t really my thing. I never can seem to fit all of the delicious toppings that I want inside the potato!
Solution: Loaded Baked Potato Fries.
Now, all you have to do is get a big enough bowl and pile on the toppings!
I just chose some of the traditional toppings that I would put on a baked potato, but you could get really creative and make an italian style with tomatoes, sautéed spinach, italian seasoning, mozzarella chunks and italian sausage! Let your imagination run wild.
And don’t forget to pile it high!
P.S. How cute are these little baby cast iron skillets? Erin bought them for me! So sweet. Who wants a cookie baked mini skillet with a scoop of ice cream. That’s TOTALLY going to be my next recipe in them. Mmm!
Loaded Baked Potato Fries
- small white potatoes or fingerling potatoes, diced
- olive oil, to coat bowl
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh corn on the cob or frozen corn, steamed and cut off the cob
- cooked bacon, crumbled
- grape tomatoes, halved
- mexican shredded cheese
- non-fat, plain greek yogurt or light sour cream
- (optional) hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the diced potatoes in a large bowl and toss to coat them in the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread the potatoes on a baking sheet that has been covered with a silpat mat, non-stick foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until light brown and soft when pierced with a fork.
- Serve your potato fries hot with all of the toppings desired.