These are one of my go-to meals when I can’t think of anything to fix. I always have the ingredients on hand and in my freezer/pantry for those evenings when all you want to do is sit back on the couch and dig into take-out. Not only will this recipe help you save money, but it’ll also save your thighs.
Never in a million years would I say that I like seaweed. But, guess what? These little seaweed snacks are awesome! I got the cheddar flavor and they are crunchy, salty and make this stir fry amazing.
I was introduced to the seaweed by this:
It’s a Bestowed Box. Think birchbox for your mouth. It’s a month to month subscription and they send you 5-7 new healthy foods for you to try. In this month’s box, I got to try the following:
- Gimme All Natural Roasted Seaweed Snacks – The awesome stir fry toppings. Would also be great on soups.
- Artisana Organic Raw Acai Berry Nut Butter – I haven’t got the nerves up to try this yet. I’d imagine it’d be good, though!
- Roots by Deeply Rooted – Holy disgusting. Wayyyyy to healthified for me. It’s like poop water.
- Bakery On Main Coconut Cashew TrueBar – Very coconuty, and if you’re really hungry and need a snack, you may as well be snacking on something healthy, right? Pass an apple to me, please.
- Herban Essentials Mini Pack – I’m sorry, but I don’t understand how herbs can disinfect. I guess I’m way too much of a germaphobe to believe in these wipes.
- ZICO Natural Coconut Water – Eww, gross. It tastes like sewer water. I can see why if you’re stranded on an island and you don’t have rain water to drink , that you’d drink this. Put it in a smoothie if you really want to drink it. Fruit flavors should cover it up nicely.
- Bon’App – I’m probably just lazy, but the silly little paper stared at me in the face for so long, I never got around to installing this app. Then, my husband threw the paper away. The end.
- Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Burgers Coupon – I try so hard to coupon, but I always forget what coupons I have. This is one of them. Somehow I always forget to bring the coupon to the store with me. Someday I’ll try you!
The Bestowed box costs $20/month for these types of items. For me, I only liked the one thing out of the entire box, so it wasn’t worth it for me. But, shoot, if it was $5 a month, sign me up. For now, I’ll stick with my grocery lists and the foods that I know (sugar, flour, chocolate chips…you see where my mind is).
Simple Stir Fry
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 servings of buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 frozen package of stir fry vegetables
- 2 tablespoons stir fry sauce
- (optional) hot sauce
- (optional) seaweed snacks
- In a large pan, sauté the chicken in the olive oil until almost cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles as instructed on the package.
- Add the stir fry vegetables into the large pan on medium-high heat for 1 minute until thawed.
- Add in the stir fry sauce and stir until combined and heated through.
- Add the cooked soba noodles into the mixture and serve with your favorite hot sauce and/or seaweed snacks.
Just for kicks, we’re going to give one away to one of you! Enter the giveaway below for your chance to win one!
For $5 off your Bestowed box enter the code: 5OFFBSTOWED01.