These are one of my go-to meals when I can’t think of anything to fix. I always have the ingredients on hand and in my freezer/pantry for those evenings when all you want to do is sit back on the couch and dig into take-out. Not only will this recipe help you save money, but it’ll also save your thighs.
It’s stir fry time! You see those little green things on the top of the stir fry? Don’t be freaked out, okay? It’s seaweed!
Never in a million years would I say that I like seaweed. But, guess what? These little seaweed snacks are awesome! I got the cheddar flavor and they are crunchy, salty and make this stir fry amazing.
I was introduced to the seaweed by this:
It’s a Bestowed Box. Think birchbox for your mouth. It’s a month to month subscription and they send you 5-7 new healthy foods for you to try. In this month’s box, I got to try the following:
- Gimme All Natural Roasted Seaweed Snacks – The awesome stir fry toppings. Would also be great on soups.
- Artisana Organic Raw Acai Berry Nut Butter – I haven’t got the nerves up to try this yet. I’d imagine it’d be good, though!
- Roots by Deeply Rooted – Holy disgusting. Wayyyyy to healthified for me. It’s like poop water.
- Bakery On Main Coconut Cashew TrueBar – Very coconuty, and if you’re really hungry and need a snack, you may as well be snacking on something healthy, right? Pass an apple to me, please.
- Herban Essentials Mini Pack – I’m sorry, but I don’t understand how herbs can disinfect. I guess I’m way too much of a germaphobe to believe in these wipes.
- ZICO Natural Coconut Water – Eww, gross. It tastes like sewer water. I can see why if you’re stranded on an island and you don’t have rain water to drink , that you’d drink this. Put it in a smoothie if you really want to drink it. Fruit flavors should cover it up nicely.
- Bon’App – I’m probably just lazy, but the silly little paper stared at me in the face for so long, I never got around to installing this app. Then, my husband threw the paper away. The end.
- Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Burgers Coupon – I try so hard to coupon, but I always forget what coupons I have. This is one of them. Somehow I always forget to bring the coupon to the store with me. Someday I’ll try you!
The Bestowed box costs $20/month for these types of items. For me, I only liked the one thing out of the entire box, so it wasn’t worth it for me. But, shoot, if it was $5 a month, sign me up. For now, I’ll stick with my grocery lists and the foods that I know (sugar, flour, chocolate chips…you see where my mind is).
Simple Stir Fry
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 servings of buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 frozen package of stir fry vegetables
- 2 tablespoons stir fry sauce
- (optional) hot sauce
- (optional) seaweed snacks
- In a large pan, sauté the chicken in the olive oil until almost cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles as instructed on the package.
- Add the stir fry vegetables into the large pan on medium-high heat for 1 minute until thawed.
- Add in the stir fry sauce and stir until combined and heated through.
- Add the cooked soba noodles into the mixture and serve with your favorite hot sauce and/or seaweed snacks.
Just for kicks, we’re going to give one away to one of you! Enter the giveaway below for your chance to win one!
For $5 off your Bestowed box enter the code: 5OFFBSTOWED01.
So funny, because “stir fry” is also my go-to meal when I am not motivated (too lazy) to cook a real, planned meal with a REAL recipe-lol! Never the same thing twice ’cause it’s just whatever’s in the fridge 😉
Have falafel mix from a place in NY. Mix it with some water and pan fry, delicious. Just add sides/fruit.
Breakfast for dinner! Eggs and toast are always in the house, easy to make.
I fall back on eggs – omelets, frittata, etc. Fast and a great way to use up leftovers!
pb on homemade bread and a extra big scoop of frozen yogurt on my fruit.
Copycat Pizza Hut pan pizza from CD Kitchen. It’s better than the real thing!
Your review of some of those products cracked me up. I love Artisana nut butters. I haven’t tried the Acai Berry yet, but I would. I also love roasted seaweed. I got turned on to those when I visited Trader Joe’s for the first time. The wasabi flavor is my favorite. To answer your question, my go-to meal is anything supper easy like chili, pasta, shrimp & veggie stirfry.
Eggs! Anything with eggs is my go to meal. 🙂 They’re so versatile!
Quesadillas are always our go-to meal.
My go to meal is breakfast for dinner.
stir fry or pizza!
Quesadillas. We always have refried beans and cheese…we add diced peppers, chicken or any other good leftovers.
That’s a hard one, maybe pasta & sauce
My go-to meal is a caprese sandwich on a fresh toasted roll and a simple salad with bell peppers, avocado, and a balsamic vinaigrette.
my go to food is breakfast food eggs bacon hashbrowns
My go to meal is any kind of pasta. Whatever I’ve got in my cupboard, be it a simple spaghetti or mac n cheese:-)
My go to meal is roasted veggies over pasta. Quick and delish!
My go-to meal is always some sort of breakfast- eggs, grits, cereal, yogurt, fruit… I’m always in the mood for breakfast foods!
Breakfast for dinner is usually my go-to…it’s not as uncommon as I thought! We love some grits at dinner time 🙂
Taco meat. It can go on or with so many things from salads to burritos to chips.
I love a good stir-fry, such a quick and easy option for a homemade meal! My go-to though is probably burrito bowls – we make them all the time 🙂
Usually lemon olive oil spaghetti or elbow mac, ground beef, canned tomatoes and tomato juice (plus seasoning). Both are pretty fast and super easy. Oh, and tasty 🙂
My go to meal is always salad. It sounds boring, but I am a salad FREAK. Plus, I can just throw whatever veggies, fruits, nuts, cheese and leftover protein I have lying around in a bowl and boom, dinner.
My go to dinner is tacos!
Grilled chicken and a salad 🙂 Can’t wait to try this stir fry!
I love breakfast for dinner. Eggs on everything
Yum! This stirfry looks fabulous!
Taco salad. Very easy, and super tasty! (I love ZICO coconut water! It’s my favorite brand!)
Our go to meal is pasta with meat sauce with whatever pasta is in the pantry!
Sandwiches. Or a tortilla española.
P.S. I agree with you about coconut water.
My go-to meal is usually something with couscous and edamame. I keep a box of the Wild Mushroom & Herb couscous in the pantry and a bag of PictSweet Steam’ables edamame in the freezer. Those two things take less than 10 minutes to cook, and go with just about anything. Not to mention, they are YUMMY!! 😀
Homemade: Veggie burgers or spaghetti
Takeout: Pizza, Chinese or spaghetti from a little local place
LOVE Thai food when I don’t feel like cooking but, like you said, my thighs do not =)
Lately my go to meal has been spinach artichoke grilled cheese sandwiches yum 🙂
Stir-fry is my fallback too … though it’s never the same thing twice … usually whatever I have in my kitchen over rice 🙂
pasta and tomato sauce!
Eggs are my go-to meal!
quesadillas are my to go meals
My go-to meal is a Chipotle veggie burrito bowl. 😉
My go-to meal involves pasta. Spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, pasta primavera, etc.
I love stir-fry 🙂 it’s one of my go-tos as well, I can typically always whip some sort of stir fry up with what I have on hand. This recipe looks extra tasty!