I can’t decide if I should love or hate my mommy friend, Kelly. She re-introduced me to cookie butter (Biscoff spread) recently while we’ve had our play dates for our kids and now I can’t stop eating it! I have single-handedly gone through 3 jars all by myself. Well, I did make these blondies with some of the 3 jars, but the rest, I ate with my smoothies or by the spoonful.
It’s dangerous and completely un-nutritious, but so dang good!
Seriously, how can you say no to that jar?
I’ll hope you said yes, because here it goes…
You see, my husband went on a trip out to California with my parents and some college studies to tour some amazing tech companies out there (and left Liam and me behind!?!). I made the same trip with my dad a few years ago. Want to see me 5 years ago?
My husband was scheduled to fly back home and arrive at 11pm. I was planning to have my grandmother come over to house sit while Liam was sleeping while I picked him up from the airport. Well, all evening we monitored his flights and it was delayed after delayed after delayed.
They kept bumping back his time SO much…eventually until almost 2am. I mean, better safe than sorry of course, but I’m not a night owl and we had to be up at our normal 5am for work the next morning.
So, I kept having to update my grandmother to just wait to come over before I left for the airport. So much waiting that the only thing I could do to stay awake was to bake.
Then, the biscoff blondies were born.
But, I was really mean and wouldn’t let anyone touch them until I photographed them the next day. I’m a mean food blogger like that. But don’t worry, we all got to eat them the next day when we were exhausted and in need of a sugar rush. 😉
Don’t they look gooey and fabulous? They are.
And now that I’ve talked your brains out. Go make these blondies and enjoy the rest of the photographs. 😀
Chocolate Chip Biscoff Blondies
adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup Cookie Butter
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a 8″ x 8″ pan with parchment paper or non-stick foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate and larger bowl, whisk the butter and brown sugar together until combined. Whisk in the egg and egg yolk until combined. Stir in the cookie butter.
- Gently stir in the dry ingredients with the wet, but be careful not to over stir.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.