Okay…that was stupid. But, it made you think, right? I wish I was on that banana nut muffin. Just think of how long it would last you if you were the size of a walnut piece. Oye, now I’m really just letting my imagination soar. I need to tone it down and come back to earth.
I’m back. And I want more muffins.
It’s a good thing these muffins are so easy to make and that the recipe only makes two. Otherwise, I’d be in serious trouble when left alone with more than two muffins. I’d rather the muffin tops stay on the muffins. 😉
So, let’s talk more about these muffins. First off, they are HUGE like the blueberry muffins I made last week. Also, the muffins are not overwhelmingly sweet like most muffins, they have a subtle hint of sweetness, primarily from the banana flavor. The crunch from the walnuts is just perfect in every bite, too.
How can you say no to a muffin like that?
And just for kicks, here’s the inside. Banana and walnuts everywhere!
Banana Walnut Vegan Muffins for Two
adapted from Chocolate & Carrots
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 medium banana, smashed (about 1/3 cup smashed banana)
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter, melted (I used Earth Balance)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and brown sugar together. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, stir the banana, melted butter, milk and vanilla together.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Evenly distribute the batter into two sections of a giant muffin pan that has been sprayed with canola oil.
- (Optional) Sprinkle with a few extra walnuts on top.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes before enjoying.
Servings: 2 muffins