Today is a very important day.
My husband and I were high school sweethearts and today marks our 10 year anniversary of being a couple. I was a band geek dating a tall track star in a rock ‘n roll band. Who would have ever put that match together? Well, against all odds, we met and feel in love.
Since this is our 10 year anniversary, it was only appropriate that I make something extra special for the love of my life…his favorite flavor combination (besides beer and a burger), chocolate and raspberry. Over the years, I’ve made a slue of chocolate raspberry desserts, but this is our ALL TIME favorite. Here are some more:
So let’s talk about these beautiful and delectable cakes. The flavor is impeccable. The rich chocolate is the perfect complement to the bright raspberry notes. The raspberry flavor is both within the chocolate cake, gooey chocolate molten and in the raspberry topping. Basically, it’s delicious.
It’s best served warm, right out of the oven. But if you’re like us and need to refrigerate your leftovers (if you’re lucky enough to have them), just pop the cakes in the microwave for just a few seconds until warm.
I can’t tell you how much the flavors of both the raspberry and vanilla take the chocolate flavor to the next level. As if there was another level beyond chocolate. The raspberry really shines through. You should definitely give these a go and make them for someone special, just as special as my love, my darling husband. 🙂
Easy Whole Wheat Raspberry Molton Cakes
adapted from McCormick
- 4 ounces good quality chocolate, chopped (I used 60% cacao)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons raspberry extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon raspberry extract
- fresh raspberries
- mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spray four 7 ounce ramekins with baking cooking spray and place on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a 4 cup microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate and butter together for 1 minute. Stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Whisk in the raspberry and vanilla extracts.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar.
- Whisk in the eggs and egg yolk.
- Stir in the flour until just combined.
- Pour evenly into the ramekins, filling about 2/3rds full.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes until the sides are firm but the middle is soft.
- Meanwhile, microwave the frozen raspberries and honey for 30 seconds (may need longer) until the raspberries are thawed and fall apart when stirred. Stir in the 1/2 teaspoon raspberry extract. Set aside.
- Allow them to cool for 1 minute before flipping out onto a plate.
- Top with raspberry syrup, fresh raspberries and mint leaves as garnish.
- Serve immediately.
Note: Can be made in 6 ramekins instead of 4. I just made them big because we like chocolate….a lot.
For more of McCormick’s Raspberry Chocolate recipes:
- Red Velvet Raspberry Truffles
- Raspberry White Chocolate Cake
- Raspberry Brownies
- Raspberry Crownies
- Dreamy Mini Cheesecakes