I’m an ice cream snob.
When in an ice cream parlor, typically I would ask for my ice cream in a cup (less calories means more ice cream, right?!). But, if I had a chocolate filled and dipped cone to put my ice cream in, I’d be all over it.
Solution: homemade chocolate filled ice cream cones
First, gather your delicious ingredients and try your best not to indulge in samples. Now, proceed to drool at the photos:
Now, go gather your ingredients and make these little ice cream treats!
Be sure to come back on Friday to see what I fill them with. Mwahahaha!
Chocolate Filled Ice Cream Cones
- high quality dark chocolate or chocolate chips, chopped into small pieces
- sugar cones
- Over a double boiler (a metal bowl or heat proof glass bowl over a pot of simmering water, not touching the water), melt the chocolate.
- Meanwhile, gather your sugar cones and sprinkles.
- Set out a baking sheet covered in a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Spoon enough melted chocolate inside each cone to coat it and dip the ends into the chocolate. Allow the chocolate to drain out and shake to remove excess chocolate.
- Sprinkle the sprinkles on the end of the cones and place upside down on the baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until hardened.
- Serve with ice cream!
Gorgeous photos! Love this idea 🙂
I usually get my ice cream in a cup too, but then I add a cone on top. Kind of defeats the purpose 🙂 Chocolate-dipped cones are the best, and yours look perfect!
My son would freak out for this – what a great idea!
You make creativity look easy. Rock the chocolate.
This looks delicious! Do you have a specific sugar cone brand that you buy? I fear I just buy the store brands.
Great GIF! These look so tempting 🙂
I would like to say my ‘kid’ would love this but I showed it to my husband today and he freaking out about this idea. I love your pictures 🙂
such a cute fun idea!!!! can’t wait to see what they get filled with.
Wow, I love this 🙂 it’s the little details that add so much!