Lemon Blueberry Macarons are the third flavor combination of macarons that I’ve ever made, following Chocolate Raspberry Macarons and S’mores Macarons. I’m relatively new to the world of macarons, but now that I’m here…there’s no turning back. Yay!
The macarons are such a sweet & delightful treat. Just the perfect dessert for a little celebration!
I’m so excited for Liz, her husband and their son on the upcoming arrival of their baby boy! I first met Liz, who writes at The Lemon Bowl, at Food Blog Forum 2013 and she is SO super sweet. In honor of her baby boy, I’ve teamed up with some amazing blogger friends to have this virtual baby shower for Liz!
Lemon Blueberry Macarons it is! 😀
The shells of the macarons are made with real lemons and the filling is made with fresh blueberries and lemons! Do you see the little specks of lemon zest throughout?
The beautiful thing about these macarons, even though they are made with lemon is that they aren’t tart, but still the lemon flavor remains. The sweetness shines through and the flavor combination of lemon and blueberry are winners in this little treat!
Bite-sized and beautiful for such a sweet celebration!
Without further adieu, you’ll find the rest of the lemon inspired foods from my fellow food bloggers and their celebrations for Liz and her little lemon. And just to reminisce with the kid in me…anyone recognize the quote below?
I can’t tell you how many times I had to watch that episode of Veggie Tales with my little sisters. 😀 So cute and fun!
Again, I’m so excited for you Liz and thank you all for celebrating with us!
Be sure to visit the rest of the amazing dishes that are at the virtual baby shower!
- Whipped Feta Spread with Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary by Miss in the Kitchen
- Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes” in a Lemon Cup with Smoked Paprika by Climbing Grier Mountain
- Lemon Basil Bruschetta by Dine & Dish
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries w/ Lemon Basil Aioli by What’s Gaby Cooking
- Lemon Garlic Herb Marinated Olives by Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Kalamata Olive and Feta Dip with Baked Lemon Pepper Pita Chips by In Aggie’s Kitchen
- Creamy Asparagus Guacamole by The Healthy Apple
- Sparkling Honey Rosemary Lemonade by Nutmeg Nanny
- Basil Hibiscus Lemonade by Fabtastic Eats
- Jam Mocktails: Lemon & Pineapple by Cooking with Books
- Lemon Jalapeno Spritzers by Bev Cooks
- Sparkling Blackberry Lemonade by Crumbs and Chaos
- Limonana (Middle Eastern Frozen Mint Lemonade) by An Edible Mosaic
- Tipsy Lemonade Iced Tea by Family Fresh Cooking
- Kale Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing by Thrifty Veggie Mama
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Pistachios & Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Cookin’ Canuck
- Greek Salad with Garlic-Lemon Vinaigrette by Gimme Some Oven
- Pear Quinoa Salad by Reluctant Entertainer
- Lemon Avocado Salad Dressing by The Lean Green Bean
- Lemony Spinach & Tomato Quinoa Salad by MomAdvice
- Herbed Calamari Salad with Preserved Lemons by Everyday Maven
- Italian Lemon Roast Chicken Pot by Eat2Gather
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Cocktail Shrimp by Simply Scratch
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Tostada by A Zesty Bite
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp Linguine by Taste and Tell
- Salmon with Lemon Herb Butter by Handle the Heat
- Lemon Chicken Stew by FoodieCrush
- Chicken Saltimbocca with Lemon Cream Sauce and Olive Orzo by Baker by Nature
- Honey Lemon Shortbread Cookies by Rachel Cooks
- Lemon Glazed Cookies by A Cedar Spoon
- Healthier Lemon Bars by Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Sugar Cookies by What Megan’s Making
- Light Lemon Mousse by Country Cleaver
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Sandwiches by i am baker
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust by The Law Student’s Wife
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Chips by Seeded at the Table
And of course be sure to get the recipe to these Lemon Blueberry Macarons below!
Lemon Blueberry Macarons
adapted from Better Homes & Gardens
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour/meal
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- (filling) 1/4 cup reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- (filling) 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- (filling) 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- (filling) 1 cup powdered sugar
- (filling) 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- (filling) 2 tablespoons blueberries, fresh or frozen (and thawed), mashed with a fork
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, powdered sugar and lemon zest.
- In a large bowl with an electric beater, beat the egg whites and vanilla until foamy. Slowly beat in the granulated sugar and continue to beat on high until it has reached soft peaks (when you lift the beater out the ends of the egg whites should curl, it may take a while of beating).
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into a large pastry bag attached with a large round tip or a ziploc with a hole cut out of one end. Pipe out 1 tablespoon-sized circles, spaced one inch apart on a silicone mat or parchment paper covered baking sheet. Tap the baking sheet a few times to get the air bubbles out. Allow them to sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Baking one sheet at a time, bake for 8-10 minutes until hardened but not light brown.
- Allow them to cool completely on the baking sheet on a cooling rack before slowly peeling back from the silicone or parchment.
- Beat the filling ingredients together with a spoon until combined.
- Match up like macaron shells and place a spoon full of filling between the shells to make a sandwich.
- Store in an airtight container.
Servings: 15 macarons
These are just the sweetest! So perfect for a baby shower 😉 xo
Thank you Ashley!
So gorgeous! Almost too pretty to eat but absolutely perfect for a baby shower!
Right?! Ehhmm…totally ate them anyway. 😉
Your macs are absolutely gorgeous! I love their pretty pastel colors too..they are a beautiful addition to a baby shower!
Thank you Faith!
Oh, how I love anything blueberry and lemon together! What a great pairing. I can’t wait to try making these beautiful cookies!!
I agree! Such a great flavor combination. If you get a chance to make them, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! 😀 Thanks Amy!
These are beyond gorgeous!
Aww, shucks. Thanks Rachel!
We adore Miss Madame Blueberry! Too funny that you added that adorable quote. Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I have yet to make a macaron myself… but with your recipe I might have to change that. 😉
She’s so funny! 😀 You should totally try them! You’re the queen baker, so you won’t have any trouble with them. 😀 P.S. I totally just edited your comment because you wrote ‘I have yet to make a macaroni myself’. I thought it was hilarious. I do that all the time! Anyway, thanks for your sweet comment Amanda!
LOL!! Not only do I ALWAYS make some type of terrible spelling error, but I always forget to proofread! So thank you my dear, I appreciate the assist! 🙂
Haha…no problem. 😀 We can all use a little help every now in then!
LOVE this recipe; macarons are so adorable and such a fun dessert! xoxx
Thank you Amie! 😀 I agree. Love macarons!
What a sweet baby shower. And I am in love with this flavor combo!!
Thank you Kristan! 😀 I love these flavors, too. Almost as good as chocolate & peanut butter. 😉
Please add me to your email subscription list.
I added you. All you have to do is confirm now. Sorry for the confusion of where to find the subscription button. That’s one thing I’ll be fixing in my redesign coming soon! 😀 Have a great day Janet!
I have yet to make macarons! These look absolutely gorgeous and are perfect for the baby shower.
I was the same way up until a few months ago. They’re awesome! And they make for great gifts too. 😀
Gorgeous macarons! They are perfect for a baby shower.
Thank you Ashley! 😀
These are so precious, Caroline! Absolutely love the flavor and the super sweet gesture. What a happy, happy day for Liz!
Thank you Georgia! 😀
Simply stunning! Lemon and blueberry are the perfect pair and are so beautiful together in this macaron 🙂
Thank you so much Becca! 😀
These are almost too beautiful to eat! Thanks so much for sharing!
I agree, Sandy!…but alas, I did anyway. 😉
These photos are absolutely stunning! You are so talented my friend!! Thank you so much for coming to my shower!! xoxoxoxo
Aww, shucks. Thanks Liz! I was tickled to be a part of your baby shower! 🙂
Those are beautiful Caroline and such a great flavor combo!!!
Thank you Alyssa! I agree…blueberry and lemon is such a beautiful combination! 😀
I love the treat you picked for Liz’s shower- how perfect! And they are so darn cute:-)
Thanks Lauren! 😀 I thought so, too.
Caroline, these macaroons are beautiful!!! What a lovely treat for Liz!
Thank you Lauren! Love me a macaron! 🙂
Oh now you’ve done it! These are total perfection and I’m going to go on and be that girl who hogs the dessert table and shovels these into my purse. LOVE!
Hahaha! Totally me too! 😉
I am loving this flavor combination – perfect!!
Thank you Deborah! 😀 It’s such a great combination!
These are beautiful and perfect for a baby shower!
Aww! They’re so pretty! And these are gluten and grain-free. Fun. 😀
I think I’d be happiest with a tub of the filling. 🙂
This is so sweet! I didn’t know this was happening in honor of Liz – how wonderful! I can’t wait to try some of these recipes!
This looks like an amazing combination! So cute that you all got together to do this for Liz!
YUM!!! These macarons look incredible 🙂 the flavor combination is perfection!
You fold in the almond flour and sugar at soft peak stage? I normally do that at stiff peak! I’m intrigued!,