A Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frappucinno will give you a kick of caffeine and flavors of the fall season!
My family and I have been in a slow process of eliminating chemicals in our home. I know that’s probably totally hippy of me to say, but you wouldn’t believe the amount of chemicals we touch or ingest daily when you start searching. We’ve started with personal hygiene and soaps: hand soaps, laundry detergent, shampoos, make up, lotion. We’re now transitioning into disinfectants and surface cleaners, but we’ll save that for another day.
Making this transition has been easier than I thought. The only hard part for me is trying to process how something without that harsh smell and label that says, ‘kills 99.9% of bacteria’ will do the job. I just haven’t wrapped my head around that part yet. But, switching up our personal hygiene and soaps has been pretty easy!
I mean, who doesn’t like shopping for new makeup?! On a daily basis, I mainly use eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner, chapstick, lotion and nail polish. I learned that you have to look for products that are free of parabens, phthalates, heavy metals, formaldehyde, artificial perfume, mineral oils and GM ingredients. Overwhelming, I know! But, you wouldn’t believe the number of excellent products out there that comply with this!
Think about it, you’re putting crazy harmful chemicals right on your face, eyes, and nails. Eww.
So, I went shopping and have a few favorite chemical free products so far:
- Acure Body Lotion – I buy the scent free because of my sensitive skin, but love how smooth this lotion is and it doesn’t leave an oily feel.
- Earth Science Shampoo/Conditioner & Renpure Shampoo/Conditioner – We use both of these regularly and love them! The Renpure tea tree oil smells amazing!
- Honeybee Gardens Eyeliner – I love the Jet Set black eyeliner.
- Honeybee Gardens Satin Sheets Highlighter – It’s a pale cream colored eye powder that I put right under my eyebrow and sometimes in the corner of my eyes for extra pop and sparkle.
- BabyGanics Shampoo/Body Wash – It’s foaming and really easy to lather Liam up in the bath. It’s tear free too!
- Butter, Julep and Zoya nail polishes – I love them all! 😀
- Dead Sea Essentials daily face moisturizer by AHAVA – I couldn’t find the link, but I bought it at Target.
Do you have any favorite chemical-free products that you think I should try?
Basically, everything I just said has absolutely nothing to do with this frappuccino. But, maybe we can say, we like pampering ourselves with makeup…and frappuccinos? 😉
It’s a great little fall treat. And for those of you in the South like me, we’re having 80 degree weather this week! Perfect fall weather for a cool treat like this!
The frappuccino can be made non-vegan by just using whatever milk you have on hand. I had almond milk, so it turned into a vegan treat! But, any milk would be great in it. It’s so thick and creamy! Also, it’s a great way to use up any leftover canned pumpkin purée. Simply freeze the remaining purée and you’ll be ready to whip a Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino at any moment! 😀
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
- 4 cubes of frozen canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- (optional) vegan whipped cream
- Blend all ingredients together.
- (Optional) Top with whipped cream.
Servings: 1 frappuccino
Cracked up when I read the “kills 99% of germs” comment because I feel the exact same way when I see it! Here’s hoping we’re either getting clean, or I’m building up my immunity.
Also, how did you know I have leftover pumpkin puree waiting to be transformed into a frappuccino? Meant to be 🙂
Haha…we’re totally in sync (and I almost just wrote ‘N Sync…wow, middle school flashback). Leftover pumpkin puree is the worst! I can’t tell you how many of my half used cans have gone bad until now. Freezing the leftovers is the way to go! 😀
P.S. Cheers to wrapping our heads around the no ‘kills 99% of germs’ labels….especially during flu season! 😉 Eek!
Great post! I LOVE Alicia Silverstones Juice Beauty collection – vegan and organic. Great powder, blush, face wash, lipstick and lotion. And of course this frappuccino is right up my alley – vegan and coffee – yes please!!! That’s so amazing that you are eliminating chemicals from your life. I’m striving to do the same.
Ooo, I’m going to have to try the Alicia Silverstone collection! Thanks for the recommendation Em! 🙂 Good luck with your chemical-free journey, too. It feels good to go chemical-free, right? I think I can, I think I can…
This sounds totally rocking! I have fresh pumpkin that I roasted. Planning on freezing it. Wonder if it would work the same in a frappuccino.
Soooooo pretty! And what a fun way to use up pumpkin!
Oh, now this would be SO good right now! What a delish, easy fall treat!
I could sip on this all year long. Really 🙂
Definitely good to know about all these different brands! I prefer not to go the fancy coffee shop drink route either, unless I’m making it at home with real ingredients! Love this!