We’re back from Mixed Conference and today is moving day! Yes, we’re nuts.
This is the only quiet time I get this morning before the craziness and heavy lifting begins today. In light of all of this uprooting and lack-of-home status, I couldn’t think of any recipe better to share than one of complete comfort.
Also, how did the week of Thanksgiving already get here?!
I’ve made a cauliflower mac ‘n cheese before, but this one is a lot quicker of a method, but equally as delicious. Here are some other mac & cheese recipes you’ll love:
- Cauliflower Macaroni & Cheese
- Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
- BBQ Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
- Acorn Squash Mac N Cheese
P.S. A massage is going to be in order tomorrow.
I will be sore.
And I’ll need mac ‘n cheese.
Easy Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
adapted from chocolate & carrots
- 1 head cauliflower
- 16 ounces whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large pot, steam the cauliflower until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook your macaroni noodles according to packaged instructions.
- In a large sauce pan, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until tender.
- Purée the steamed cauliflower, onion, garlic, 1 cup of the cheese, the greek yogurt, mustard and milk in a blender (like the Blendtec) or food processor. Pour the sauce back into the large sauce pan.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Stir and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake for about 12 minutes then broil for a few seconds until golden brown.