I apologize for my recent obsession with pumpkin spice lattes. Whether they be frozen, quick, or vegan…I’m all over them. And this weekend, my husband and I were ready to cozy up on the couch and relax during Liam’s nap. This was the only thing that we needed to make it perfect.
After frantically searching the internet for a recipe, I came across Heather’s latte and knew I needed to make one for us. You know, you work quickly when your child only takes one nap every day and a short one at that!
It’s the little things.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
adapted from Farm Girl Gourmet
- 16 ounces milk
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon organic brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup espresso or strong coffee
- (Optional) whipped cream
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, stir the milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice together until hot. Be sure not to boil.
- Pour the hot milk mixture into two cups. Pour the espresso or strong coffee on top.
- (Optional) Top with whipped cream.
- Enjoy warm.
Servings: 2 lattes