This is my second year participating in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap and I had so much fun with it again!
You see, food bloggers from all over the place sign up to participate, donating money to Cookies for Kid’s Cancer. We secretly get paired up with three other bloggers, make a dozen cookies for each and send away!
I just got my last dozen of cookies in yesterday and they were delicious!
Last year, I made Dark Chocolate Florentines. This year, I stuck with the chocolate theme, but went a little less delicate and easier to ship with these truffle cookies.
The beauty of these cookies is there’s a surprise of chocolate in each one. It’s made by rolling the dough around a Hershey’s Kiss Chocolate! I was even sneaky and put a Caramel Hershey’s Kiss Chocolate in some of them.
These cookies can be made festive, too! You can roll them in sprinkles of your choosing instead of the turbinado sugar that I rolled mine in.
Be creative and let your cookie shine!
For more truffle recipes:
- Cookie Dough Truffles
- Oreo Truffles
- Classic Chocolate Truffles
- Peanut Butter Truffles
- Brownie Truffles
Chocolate Truffle Cookies
adapted from McCormick
- 8 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 36 dark chocolate Hershey’s Kisses
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- With an electric hand mixer, beat in 1/2 cup of the sugar, the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Slowly beat in the flour on low until just combined.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls, around a chocolate kiss (dough will be oily and fall apart easily). Roll the truffle into the turbinado sugar and place on a baking sheet that has been covered with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until set. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.