Chicken Tortellini Soup is a healthy, vegetable packed, cold comfort food.
Staying healthy during flu season is of utmost importance, especially if you have children. However, sometimes you can’t help but catch something. Of course, follow your doctor’s instructions to get better quickly, but for added comfort, soup is always a good remedy.
Am I right?
This vegetable and protein packed soup is great for warming the soul and getting you back on your feet in no time. If you aren’t in the mood for tortellini, you can always use egg noodles instead, but still have a protein and vegetable packed meal. Getting better is our goal!
I mean, we are all healthy for the moment (knock on wood) and still loved to warm up on cold nights with this soup recipe.
Another cold remedy that works to pass the time it takes to get better is snuggling on the couch in front of a good movie. For me, I’d choose a romantic comedy. But for my little Liam, we’d probably watch a movie to giggle the sniffles out.
Have you seen The Croods? We all loved that one! And I think I’m going to have to play The Magic School Bus: Inside Ralphie when Liam gets sick for the first time (fingers crossed that it won’t be anytime soon!). Anyone remember watching that as a kid?
What’s your favorite movie to watch when you’re sick?
Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5-7 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large white or yellow onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds and stem removed, diced
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 8 cups water (or more)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chickens)
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini
- 3 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the olive oil, garlic, carrots, onions, celery and bell peppers together until almost tender.
- Add in the chicken stalk, water, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper and bring to a low boil for 10 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and tortellini and boil for 9 minutes.
- In the last minute, add in the spinach.
- Serve warm.
Servings: 8-10 servings
Note: You can half the recipe for 3-5 servings.
LOVING this soup! So perfect for these cold months!!
Love this soup for the cold months! Looks so delicious!
This is perfect for how I’m feeling today… Love this soup!
Homemade chicken soup is a must for flu season! This looks delicious!
Love this…but its “stock” not “stalk”
Oh geeze. Thank you for catching that, Jessica! 🙂
This bowl looks so inviting 🙂 I cant wait to plunge right into it, yum!!!