These Thick Rice Crispy Treats are the perfect gift to say I love you for Valentine’s Day!
A few weeks ago, my sister, Katie, was in town. She’s a teacher in Kentucky and it’s always a great time when she’s in town. Along with her boyfriend and my little Liam, we had a lovely morning at the aquarium and decided to make a little shopping trip to this new store in Mount Pleasant called Southern Season.
The best way to describe what Southern Season is to imagine a giant store that combines the best of Williams-Sonoma, Fresh Market, Starbucks, Hallmark, a small bath boutique, a cooking class place and your favorite restaurant. Basically, it’s like foodie heaven.
I get into BIG trouble when I’m there.
You don’t want to look at my credit card.
Well, when we took our little trip there a few weeks ago, Katie’s boyfriend couldn’t get enough of the GIANT rice crispy treats that they had on display. They were massive!
Like, the size of your head.
It was only natural that I’d need to recreate them.
These rice crispy treats are perfectly sweet and soft, crunchy and chocolaty. They’d make a great gift for Valentine’s Day, too!
If I were you, I’d get to melting that butter.
Thick Rice Crispy Treats
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 21 ounces mini marshmallows
- 8 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Tempered Chocolate
- Prepare a 8×8 inch pan by covering with non-stick foil or parchment paper and spraying with canola oil. Set aside.
- In a large pot over low heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add in the krispies.
- Quickly pour the treats into the prepared pan. Use oil covered fingers or another sheet of parchment paper to press down into the pan.
- Let cool completely before cutting into four giant squares. I stuck mine in the fridge to speed up the process.
- Meanwhile, temper the chocolate and dip into the chocolate. Immediately cover with sprinkles.
- Store in an airtight container.
Servings: 4 giant bars
These are super cute, and just in time for V-Day! I can’t wait to try them– thanks for sharing!
Love this! Reminds me of some of the treats at Disney World. I think my kids will love it too!
What adorable photos! You’ve reminded me that I once shared an industrial kitchen space with an artist who made a giant, wall-sized rice crispy treat for an installation! These look much more doable. 🙂
How fun and thank you Alanna! 😀 These are definitely doable without the industrial kitchen equipment. Love it!
Rice Crispy treats are the best! I would love to get one of these for Valentine’s Day!
Wow, they’re huge!! How fun 🙂
Hi there, If I want to make about 36 bars (getting 12 from a 9×13 pan) how many times do I need to double this recipe?
Well, based on the math, you’d need to triple the recipe. Just multiply everything by 3. 🙂
I would LOVE to make new recipes very often! ,i have learn lots of new stuff, stay happy! Thank you for rice crispy treats