The combination of chocolate, peanut butter, salt and oreos make for a delectable treat that you can make at home!
Oh my goodness.
Where do I even begin?!
These peanut butter cups are the combination of my favorite flavors. You get a mouthful of the chocolate, peanut butter, salt and oreo in every bite. To top it off, the photos are deceiving because they are the size of muffins. This is totally awesome, because who doesn’t love candy the size of your fist?
If you do anything this week, make these.
They last for a long time and make a great gift! 😉
Salted Oreo Peanut Butter Cups
- good quality dark chocolate (I use Ghirardelli 60% Cacao)
- peanut butter (I use Skippy Natural)
- fleur de sel
- Temper your chocolate (detailed instructions here).
- Using the back of a spoon, paint muffin liners up the sides and on the bottom. These will harden in just a few minutes.
- Place a 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter in the bottoms of each chocolate coated cup. Place one entire oreo on top of the peanut butter.
- Pour tempered chocolate over the oreo until it reaches the top of your cups.
- While the chocolate is still melted, sprinkle a pinch of salt on top.
- Allow them to harden at room temperature and store in an airtight container for as long as your oreos and peanut butter don’t expire…if they last that long.