A warm Brussels sprout salad that is both sweet and savory!
I know some people are big haters of Brussels sprouts, but I love them SO much. Brussels sprouts and peas are my two favorite vegetables. Love my greens! Since the Brussels sprout fan base isn’t to where it should be (in my opinion), we’re going to remedy that.
You add bacon!
In this case, we’re adding fancy bacon…proscuitto. However, you can totally use whatever bacon you’d like…even veggie bacon. With the addition of the sweet balsamic vinegar, crunch of pecans and pops of dried cherries, you’ve got a flavor combination in every bite fit for a king!
And who knew that it wasn’t brussel sprouts?!? I just found out while writing this post. I always thought it was a brussel sprout, not a Brussels sprout. My mind is blown. I obviously need more Brussels sprouts in my life. My brain needs a little boost.
Warm Brussels Sprout Salad
- 5-6 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 20 ounces chopped Brussels sprouts (I used Trader Joe’s pre-chopped bags)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large pan, sauté the prosciutto on medium heat until it starts to get crispy (about 10 minutes).
- Add in the brussel spouts, olive oil, vinegar and pepper, sautéing until the brussel sprouts have wilted (about 5 minutes).
- Add in the cherries and pecans and serve warm.
Servings: 4 cups