The Green Noodle Bowl is packed with greens and fiber and is the perfect dinner!
Lately I’ve struggled with finding delicious and healthy dishes that my son will eat. This dish is every thing that he loves.
It’s sweet with a little spice and perfect finger food. If only I had a video of him downing noodles. He slurps them up like there’s no tomorrow.
The best thing is this dish is packed with fiber. The pasta alone has 5 grams of fiber and 7 grams of plant protein in every serving. You’d never know it while enjoying it because it’s so amazing!
Dreamfields pasta is my solution to picky eaters that cringe at the thought of whole grain pasta. Everything thing about the taste is like the traditional white pasta, but it has the nutritional benefits of the whole grain pasta. Parents of picky eaters unite!
This pasta is so superhero. And yes, I totally just made superhero an adjective. I do that. Just ask my husband.
Green Noodle Bowl
- 1 pound peas
- 1 pound shelled edamame
- 1 box of Dreamfields spaghetti pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 3/4 pound sugar snap peas
- 1 head baby bok choy, rinsed and separated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 inch peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- (optional) mung bean sprouts, garnish
- In a large pot of boiling water, add in the peas, edamame and pasta. Cook for 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan on medium heat, sauté the onion, sugar snap peas and baby bok choy in the olive oil until tender.
- In a blender (like the Blendtec Twister Jar) or food processor, fully blend the garlic, ginger, maple syrup, soy sauce and red pepper flakes together.
- Drain the pasta, peas and edamame and put back in the pot. Add in the sautéed vegetables and sauce. Toss to combine.
- (Optional) Serve with mung bean sprouts and sriracha sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information (1 serving): 380 calories; 25 g protein; 51 g total carbohydrates; 9 g total fat; 1 g saturated fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 830 mg sodium; 16 g total dietary fiber.