We need cookies to celebrate the new Chocolate & Carrots!
These cookies are chewy and deeeeelicious. Don’t even ask how much butter they’re made with. Just eat them…in moderation.
I’ve been holding these cookies out on you guys for a couple months now. This was actually the first recipe I made and photographed when we moved back to Charleston. I just love this rustic baking sheet that my mother-in-law has. I may have to take it with me when we move out and buy her a new one. Fair trade, right?
Anyway. These cookies are delicious and quite decadent. But, since we’re celebrating, I figured we could splurge a little bit with a little butter.
I need another one!
Whole Wheat Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
slightly adapted from Baker By Nature
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 15 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In a sauce pan over medium high heat, cook 8 tablespoons of the butter, whisking constantly until the butter has browned. This will happen fast once hot enough. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 7 tablespoons of butter until melted.
- Stir in the brown sugar, sugar and vanilla until combined.
- Quickly beat in the eggs, only for 30 seconds until just combined. Allow the mixture to rest for 5 minutes. Then, beat the egg mixture again for another 30 seconds.
- Carefully fold in the flour mixture until the flour just blends in. Fold in all the chocolate chips.
- Scoop by the 2-3 tablespoons and place on the baking sheets at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges and tops are light brown. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then cool completely on a cooling rack.
They look amazing! Everyone needs a little butter every now and again, right? 😉 Love the new layout. When are we going to run??
Thanks Erica! For real, we need to go run. Too bad it’s rainy and cold every day this week. Spring, are you here yet?!
Love chewy cookies! A great way to celebrate 🙂
We all need a splurge once in a while and what better way that with a yummy chewy chocolate chip cookie! Love the look of these and jealous of that rustic looking baking sheet. I love the new look of your site, very nice!
oooooooooooooh they’re so pretty!!! and they have browned butter-pure deliciousness!!!
I love a chewy chocolate chip cookie 🙂 these look beyond perfect!
These sound lovely. I’ve never tried chocolate chip cookies with whole wheat flour. I bet it’s awesome!