These Simple Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins are simple and make a quick and healthy breakfast on the go! This is part of a challenge by Musselman’s Applesauce to write about doing 50% more water over 3 months. Gotta love a challenge!
You guys, I’m so happy to report that I’ve officially made it to drinking 50% more water than I used to! I feels so good to have accomplished this over the past three months. A big thank you to Musselman’s for pushing me to do it, too!
During this challenge, Musselman’s also sent me lots of their new BIG CUP applesauces to try. Needless to say, my son is now hooked. Any time he spots it, he says, ‘baba’ for apple. We’re still working on the whole language thing. 😉
So let’s get back to talking about water. After much trial and error, I’ve collected some tips to help you drink more water, just like I do!
Tips for Drinking More Water!
- Get motivated by purchasing a cup you really like. This can be anything from a Tervis cup to a glass water bottle. Let it follow you wherever you go and always keep refilling it!
- Drink 8 ounces of water as soon as you wake up, even before you drink your morning joe. This will kick start your metabolism and it’ll remind you to drink water throughout the day.
- Drink tea. I know this isn’t pure water, but I’ve found that when I’m working throughout the day, I’m more inclined to sip on my decaffeinated tea than I would just plain water. Every little bit helps!
- If you have children, drink when you offer them water. Often times, mommies forget to take car of themselves, when we need refueling too!
- If nothing else, set alarms on your phone to remind you to drink water throughout the day.
Do you have any other tips?
Moving on, let’s talk about these muffins.
First of all, they’re super simple to whip up. I actually made another batch just yesterday afternoon so I could prove how easy they were. Liam was up from his nap, playing with his cars in his crib. I shot up from working and went to baking. I had them out of the oven, cooling on the counter before he could even start to call for mommy! Now, that’s a quick breakfast, snack or dessert!
They’re more dense than your typical muffin, but the taste isn’t compromised. If anything, it helps to not crumble all over you when you’re trying to eat it! They’re also made with an entire Musselman’s BIG CUP of unsweetened applesauce. How’s that for perfect? No measuring required. 🙂
Oh, and pop the muffins in the microwave (or oven) for a few seconds (or minutes) and the vegan chocolate chips get all melty and gooey. It’s so good!
Simple Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
adapted from Like Mother Like Daughter
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Musselman’s big cup unsweetened applesauce (6 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a larger bowl, combine the brown sugar, olive oil, applesauce and vanilla.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill oil-sprayed paper liners in a muffin pan almost all the way full. I used an ice cream scoop to have equal amounts in each cup. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean and the tops are light golden brown.
Servings: 11-12 muffins