Grilled Chocolate Pie Sandwiches will be a hit for your dad’s Father’s day. I’m honored to be part of the McCormick Everyday Bakers. Today I’m sharing this fun and flavorful recipe for Father’s Day.
Father’s day is this weekend and all I can think about is grilling. But, this time it’s the mommy on the grill. When mommy’s on the grill there’s going to be dessert!
Grilled Chocolate Pie Sandwiches.
Okay, so you grill all of the pie crusts. Your grill will start to smell amazing. Then, you quickly whip up the whipped cream and chocolate orange ganache. Put it all together and you’ve got yourself some rocking and out-of-the-box grilled pies!
They’re show stoppers and You can even substitute a marshmallow for the whipped cream and it’ll be like a s’mores pie!
I’m tickled to announce that this recipe is currently found in McCormick’s free eCookBook called, Spring Into Baking! You should see all of the amazing and fun recipes for every portion of your spring time.
Also, while you’re on McCormick’s website, you should check out their new free service called, FlavorPrint. FlavorPrint is is like the Pandora of recipes and flavor. You answer a few simple questions and they offer recipes that will match your needs and flavor preferences.
I signed up in two minutes last night and I’m already excited to try some of my chocolate-inspired recipes that my FlavorPrint recommended to me…imagine that! 😉
Grilled Chocolate Pie Sandwiches
- 14 ounce package pie crust
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups high quality dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Orange Extract
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Roll the pie crust out and cut into shapes like circles, squares and triangles.
- Once the grill has been heated, lower the temperature to low and spray the grates with cooking spray. Place the pie shapes on the grill and cook for about 2.5 minutes on each side or until they begin to harden and form grill marks. Allow to cool and match up into pairs for sandwiches.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat 1 cup of the heavy cream with the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in between until melted. In another bowl, beat the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream and orange extract until soft peaks form. Fold into the melted chocolate. Immediately pour into a pastry bag and squeeze about 2 tablespoons of chocolate ganache onto one side of each pair of pie crusts.
- In another pastry bag, pipe a dollop of whipped cream and top with a pie crust to make a sandwich that resembles a s’more.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge.
Servings: 8 pie sandwiches