These Banana Pudding Parfaits are a simple homemade treat, made low-fat. I’m honored to be working with Dole Bananas to spread the word about the Peel The Love Tour and celebrating with these parfaits!
Now that we’ve spilled the beans, I can be more open as to what I’m craving during this pregnancy! Desserts are a rarity and believe it or not, and I can’t bare to even look at chocolate. What?!?
Give me fruit any day. It’s almost ridiculous how much fruit I’ve consumed this first trimester and don’t get me started about how many biscuits I’ve devoured.
Luckily, when I was prompted to make something with Dole® Bananas, I knew just the thing I had been craving.
Homemade Banana Pudding!
It’s every bit of creamy and naturally flavored. The best part is when you let it sit in the prepared cups for a few hours and the vanilla wafers soak up the pudding. My mouth is still watering!
And the great news is that the Dole® Bananas Peel the Love Tour is still making their way around the country. There’s an entire month left on the tour and it’s your chance to get to see the banana cabana and learn about all things bananas!
Be sure to check out the tour dates to see if the Peel the Love Tour is coming to a city near you! In the meantime, whip up a batch of these parfaits and you’ll be wondering why you’ve waited so long to make homemade pudding!
P.S. I’m just a wee bit excited. My mom and I are going to see Paramore and Fall Out Boy on Wednesday! Last hoorah with my mom before baby #2!
Banana Pudding Parfaits
adapted from MyRecipes
- 2 1/2 cups low fat milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups mini vanilla wafers
- In a pourable bowl or large measuring cup, whisk the milk, sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks together.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, begin whisking the flour while slowly pouring in the milk mixture until combined.
- Continue to stir until thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap (make sure the plastic wrap is touching the top of the pudding, so that it doesn’t form a ‘skin’ on top of the pudding). Allow it to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled.
- To layer your parfaits, layer banana slices, vanilla wafers and pudding.
- (Optional) Top with whipped cream.
Servings: 4-5 small parfaits
This looks so magical in every way!!!! Glad you’re feeling good!
This is a perfect treat… even when you’re not pregnant!
these look SO delicious!!
I’m totally making this for my family this summer!