No Bake S’mores Bars are the perfect way to enjoy a favorite summer treat without the heat! I’m honored to be part of the McCormick Everyday Bakers. Today I’m sharing this fun and flavorful recipe for summer.
I don’t know what it’s like where you live, but here in South Carolina, it’s full-blown summer. The heat and humidity are almost unbearable. But, hey, it’s like a free sauna every time you step outside!
The summer is great for no-bake treats. You don’t have to heat up your house by turning on your oven and you certainly don’t have to neglect yourself of enjoying treats that taste like they’ve been baked.
Here are just a few things that came to mind as I sunk my teeth into the no-bake s’mores bars:
- They are a creamy, sweet, soft cookie.
- They’re the perfect height for a bite.
- They melt in your mouth.
- They’re refreshing for hot days to have them cold.
- I must make more.
Luckily, McCormick has a number of no-bake treat recipes and even an entire FREE McCormick Summertime Treats eCookbook!
I, for one, can’t wait to try all of these great summer treat recipes!
- McCormick’s No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Baked by Rachel’s Lemon Lime Blue Slushie
- Jelly Toast’s Painted Sugar Cookies
- McCormick’s S’mores Pie
- Katrina’s Kitchen’s Red Velvet Brownie Ice Cream Cake
- I am Baker’s Strawberry ‘Shortcake’ Mousse Cups
No-Bake S’mores Bars
adapted from McCormick
- 1 1/2 cups low fat graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Vanilla Extract
- about 2 cups of mini marshmallows
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon and butter together. Press down into an 8 inch square pan.
- In a sauce pan, bring the heavy cream to a boil. Pour the hot heavy cream over the chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Allow it to sit for 1 minute before stirring in the vanilla. Pour onto the prepared crust.
- Place the marshmallows on top of the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes (or freeze for 15 minutes) until the chocolate is firm.
- Gently heat the marshmallows with a torch until golden brown.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Note: If you don’t have a torch and you don’t mind a little heat from the oven, you can very quickly broil the top. Just make sure your oven shelf is at the top most position. Just be sure to immediately place it back in the freezer because the chocolate will melt.
These s’mores bars look delicious, Caroline! I love the little toasty tops on the marshmallows 🙂
I love no-bake treats in the summer. Thanks for another awesome recipe!
You had me at no bake!! Desperate for one of these!
mmmm, these look SO delicious! pinning – I’ve got to make these asap!
Craving these right now!
oh sweet, delicious, s’mores-y heaven!!!
These bars look so good, Caroline!