This post is sponsored by the Cherry Marketing Institute, who represents America’s tart cherry growers and processors. Thank you for supporting companies I believe in and allowing me to create more unique content for you!
Last week, we made a delightful sparkling cherry lemonade and now it’s appetizer time! This warm brie cheese is every bit creamy, salty and warm. The tart and savory cherry compote is crunchy, smooth and sweet with a touch of thyme flavor. It’s the perfect crowd pleasing appetizer that will promote drooling the second anyone lays eyes on it!
How can you go wrong with sweet, salty and savory in every bite? You can taste every flavor in every bite, even the thyme!
Now, as promised, some intriguing notes about Montmorency tart cherries and sleep. Sleep, you say? Never in my wildest dreams (pun intended) did I think cherries could help with sleep!
You see, tart cherries may be able to help get you back on track to a better night’s rest because they contain a natural source of melatonin. Compounds in tart cherries may help reset the body’s internal clock to establish regular sleep patterns. Adding tart cherries to your routine may help you naturally get a good night’s sleep. And wouldn’t you rather try drinking a glass of tart cherry juice when you wake up and when you go to bed for seven consecutive days instead of pumping the sleeping pills?
Stay tuned for another awesome tart cherry recipe and more interesting health benefits regarding tart cherries next week! Also, don’t forget to scroll down and enter the giveaway worth over $300!
Savory Cherry Compote on Warm Brie Cheese
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- dash of fresh cracked black pepper
- 7 ounce wheel of brie
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, bring the cherries, sugar and thyme to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes. In the last minute, add in the cornstarch. Once thickened, remove from the heat and add in the walnuts and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cut the top off of the brie, leaving the sides and bottom. Place in on a cooking sheet and bake for 5-7 or until the brie is melted.
- Top the brie with the cherry compote and serve with crackers.