We bought a house this week!
After many offers that that fell through over the course of 10 months, we finally have one of our own! With the help of our families, we spent the entire holiday weekend painting every inch of the house, myself included.
We’re hoping to complete renovations in a couple of weeks and then move in! It’ll be the first time we’ve had a place of our own in almost a year. I’m not going to know what to do with myself!
Can you tell I’m excited?
Well, with all of that housework, a mama needs to feed her helpers. I made sure we all had ample food: beer for the men and lots of sweet treats! And what a great way to start your day than with peach cobbler scones!
We’ve been making a lot of peach cobbler with the abundance of local peaches in the house. And while I’m a sucker for peach cobbler, I had the idea of making the breakfast version of it (however, peach cobbler for breakfast does rock my world, too).
These peach cobbler scones aren’t as overwhelmingly sweet as the traditional peach cobbler, but are the perfect breakfast along side your morning coffee.
I’m back to the grind of painting and Liam is off to his first day of 2 year old preschool this morning! Have a wonderful day!
Peach Cobbler Scones
adapted from Chocolate & Carrots
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup peeled and diced peaches
- 1 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- (streusel) 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- (streusel) 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- (streusel) 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- (streusel) 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- (streusel) 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and brown sugar together.
- Cut in the butter until the butter is the size of peas. Stir in the peaches.
- Stir in the greek yogurt until you feel comfortable using your hands to knead the dough into a ball.
- Create an 8 inch circle with the dough on parchment paper.
- Mix the streusel ingredients together and sprinkle on top of the circle.
- With a sharp knife, cut the circle into 8 each pieces, separating on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Servings: 8 scones