Soft Baked Butterscotch Snickerdoodles are the perfect cookies to put some pep in your step and a smile on your face. I’m honored to be working with OXO to help raise awareness for Cookies for Kid’s Cancer.
Next week is the first day of fall. I’m just a teensy weensy bit excited for the lovely weather and beautiful flavors that coincide with my favorite season. Snickerdoodles are just the thing to help kick things off. And after perusing the baking aisle at the grocery store, I couldn’t help but slip in some butterscotch chips in the batter.
The cookies are full of flavor and soft baked for melt-in-your-mouth sensations in every bite. The cinnamon sugar is the perfect pairing with the butterscotch flavor, too!
The wonderfully crafted OXO tools assisted me to bake these cookies today. I love the ergonomics, durability and affordability of their products so much so that I usually can’t leave Target without another gadget.
What makes me love OXO even more is their true passion for helping Cookies for Kids’ Cancer to help fund pediatric cancer research. It’s near and dear to my heart as it was only a couple years after I began dating my husband that his younger sister, at age 10, developed Osteosarcoma, a rare bone cancer. After five years of surgeries, treatments, chemotherapies, metastasis multiple times, experimental drugs, and even a being told she would only live for a couple of weeks during her last treatment, Rachel miraculously went into remission for the 4th time. She has been in remission for 3 years now and it’s all thanks to the splendid doctors, surgeons and medical researchers that helped her through those very challenging years.
That’s what Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is all about and I can’t emphasize helping this cause enough.
I would like to thank OXO for donating $100 for this #OXOGoodCookies blog post. I’m so thankful to be a part of it. Not only that, but for every stickered item sold, OXO will donate 25 cents in support of pediatric cancer research as part of its $100,000* pledge to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer.
Look for specially marked OXO products at participating retailers in September! #OXOGoodCookies #BeAGoodCookie
adapted from Chocolate & Carrots
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- (topping) 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- (topping) 3 tablespoons sugar
- In a mixer or bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar and sugar together. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- By hand, stir in the dry ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Roll your dough into 2 tablespoon balls. Place 2 inches apart on parchment covered baking sheets. Bake for 13-20 minutes or until the edges are just light brown.
Servings: 24 cookies
*In 2014, OXO will donate up to $100,000 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer through specially marked baking tools, bake sale matches and other fundraising efforts. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is a recognized 501c(3) public charity duly incorporated under the laws of the state of New Jersey. Your donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. 100% of proceeds raised by Cookies for Kids’ Cancer fund pediatric cancer research.