I’m still learning the light in our new house. It always seems to take that extra few photo shoots to nail it. I think these turned out pretty good, though. I shot these by our back door when the sunshine was still shining through and used a diffuser to tone down the harsh lighting. But, I don’t think it’d be too hard to mess up photos of these cookies. They’re mouthwatering as it is!
I’m so thankful to have found Yammie’s Noshery’s recipe. I adapted it to make it a little healthier…you know how it goes. Then, with my crazy pregnancy taste right now, I can only bare white chocolate. So strange because outside of pregnancy, I’m really not that big of a white chocolate fan.
Of course, you can definitely substitute any chocolate chips in for the white chocolate and it’d be delicious!
These cookies are so moist and chewy. Something I’ve never had the pleasure of enjoying with a pumpkin cookie before. Absolutely delicious! And you can’t even tell they’re 100% whole wheat!
Since we just moved into the neighborhood, we passed them around to our new neighbors while we made our first introductions. Yeah, I know it’s supposed to be the other way around, but I’m a baker. I can’t show up on someone’s doorstep empty handed! I’ve got to share the baked love.
I’m pretty sure they were a hit! And you should make them. 🙂
Chewy White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
adapted from Yammie’s Noshery
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- With a spoon, stir the butter and brown sugar together until combined. Stir in the vanilla and pumpkin purée.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and flour. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon round balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart. (Optional: Push a few chocolate chips on top of the balls for added impact.) Bake for 17-25 minutes or until light golden brown on the edges and puffed.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Servings: 10-12 large cookies
I am definitely making these ASAP! Thanks for the great recipe.
Loving the pumpkin and white chocolate combo. These look awesome!
These look DELISH!! yuuummm!
I have a secret, long-standing love affair with white chocolate … just what a pumpkin cookie needs to become even more spook-tacular! Totally loving this idea! Pinning for sure! 😀
Thank you Shelley! 😀
These look amazing, Caroline! Perfectly moist and chewy!
these cookies look absolutely perfect! my mouth is definitely watering!
I was thinking about making pumpkin cookies this weekend and these look soo delicious!! All the pumpkin cookies I have made are more cake like, still good, but these!! Must try!
Same here…until this recipe! 😀 So good.
I was just on Yammie’s Noshery site today looking at her pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe! I think it’s pretty much fate that I give these cookies a go 🙂 They look beautiful! Pinned 🙂