Alright, after I put the text on top of these photos, I did a search on google for brussel sprouts. Turns out it’s brussels sprouts. What in the world? I guess I’ve never even paid attention to pronouncing that extra ‘s’ before. Just give me some brussel sprouts!
I did feel better when I searched pinterest and it was about 50/50 people calling them brussel sprouts vs. brussels sprouts.
Ah, well. I digress.
These brussels sprouts (see that doesn’t sound right to me) were a HIT! They’re perfectly sweet and savory in every bite. And doesn’t bacon make everything better?
Yes. Yes, it does.
Make these and you may as well make them for Thanksgiving, too.
Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Cranberries
- 2 – 3 cups whole, fresh brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 pieces of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the brussel sprouts in half, longwise, and place in a bowl.
- Toss with the olive oil and pepper.
- Pour onto a baking sheet that has been covered with a silpat mat or non-stick foil.
- Sprinkle the bacon pieces and cranberries around the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or when they start to look golden and delicious!