Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake is moist, sweet and every bite has a crunch of sugary crust. I mean, what could be more beautiful?
Ah, yes…I know.
Joanne from Eats Well With Others is getting married in less than a month and we’re throwing her a surprise virtual bridal shower. Now, I just wish we all lived closer so we could taste all these wonderful recipes! Ah, well…that just means we’ll have to make them and get a taste for ourselves. Trust me, it’s all worth every effort, especially for this cake.
It’s SO good.
Here’s what everyone brought to Joanne’s bridal shower! Be sure to check out all of these amazing recipes:
Pumpkin Spice White Russian – Nutmeg Nanny
Warm Apple Pie Cocktail – Miss In The Kitchen
Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail – Cook Like A Champion
Baked Brie with Honey and Sliced Almonds – The Lemon Bowl
Butternut Squash and Apple Galette – Warm Vanilla Sugar
Roasted Pumpkin Crostini – Annie’s Eats
Kale Salad with Maple Butternut Squash and Pomegranate Dressing – Blahnik Baker
Lemony-Pasta Stuffed Zucchini – Very Culinary
Pumpkin Dip with Apple Chips – Meadows Cooks
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake – The Baker Chick
Peanut Butter Fudge Pie with Salted Peanut Butter Caramel– Taste and Tell
Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Roasted Butternut Squash Pie with Brown Sugar Marshmallow Topping – Keep It Sweet
Caramel Corn Chocolate Chip Cookies – The Cooking Actress
Caramel Cranberry Apple Galette – Bakeaholic Mama
Coconut Pecan Tarts – Bake or Break
Cranberry Margarita Cupcakes – Baker by Nature
Gingerbread Truffles – Dinners Dishes and Desserts
You can also follow the #eatswellbridalshower hashtag on social media to see more!
So, back to this bundt cake. It’s made with whole grains and I even substituted some of the sugar for date paste. The date paste gives the cake a denser texture and richer flavor. Then, you get crunchy cinnamon sugar crust on all sides of the cake. And when you think you’re done with the crunchy sugary goodness, you reach the middle surprise cinnamon sugar.
It’s basically the most delicious bundt cake I’ve ever eaten. You just can’t go wrong turning a snickerdoodle into a cake. Am I right?
Well, you can’t go wrong until this happens…
My toddler couldn’t wait for a bite, so he took a handful mid-photo shoot. Ah, well. Handfuls of Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake all around!
Congratulations Joanne! We’re so excited for you!
Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake
adapted from Lick The Bowl Good
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pure cane sugar
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup date paste
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup non-fat greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray a bundt pan with baking spray. Combine the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle the bundt pan until completely covered. Save the remaining cinnamon sugar for later.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- In another bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Then beat in the date paste and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well between. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the greek yogurt until well combined.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on the batter and top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before inverting on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Love everything about this beautiful bundt!
Ah this looks perfect! Especially for a wedding shower. Nothing like a nice tasty cake to celebrate ! 🙂
Awww LOVE the toddler fingers in the shot!! Also, how did you know that I swoon for snickerdoodles?! This cake looks amazing. Wish I were stealing a slice for breakfast! THanks so much lady! <3<3<3
Who can blame Liam? This cake looks amazing!
SUCH a gorgeous bundt cake! Love the cinnamon-sugary goodness and that you used whole wheat! Liam is a smarty 😛
and yayyy for Joanne!
Love everything about this. It’s gorgeous. And a great way to celebrate Joanne!
So so perfect!!
Aw- look at Liam’s chubby little hand!
This cake looks SO moist and perfect- I love it!
Holy wow. This sounds incredible! I definitely have to make this sometime, and soon!
My favorite cookie as a cake? Oh yes, color me a happy girl!!