I’m honored to be a Stonyfield Ambassador again this year, sharing deliciousness including these frozen chocolate covered strawberry cheesecake bars. There’s no baking involved in this dessert perfection!
I’m not going to lie, the last thing I think my husband and I will be thinking about this Valentine’s Day is chocolate and flowers. We’ll primarily be learning the ends and out of being parents of two children and most likely be taking every minute to sleep.
But, just because we’ll be sleep deprived and the closest to a date we will be standing next to each other in the bathroom brushing our teeth, doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy a little dessert. The beautiful thing is that this dessert is perfectly make ahead (in fact, I have a stash of these desserts prepped and ready for Valentine’s Day in my freezer).
You’ll be ready to celebrate with your Valentine and have plenty of time to get all dolled up. Dessert will already be made!
Not only are these cheesecake bars make-ahead and no bake, but they are made ‘lighter’ by using the beautifully creamy, yet non-fat Stonyfield Greek yogurt. It’s a beautiful thing.
And as much as I love Cool Whip, I’ve gotten pretty freaked out over its ingredients. I went on a hunt at Whole Foods and found TruWhip and that’s what I used in this cheesecake! Yum. Dessert without the guilt.
I hope you all have a very Happy Valentine’s Day, filled with chocolate and strawberries!
Frozen Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Bars #nobake
adapted from Garnish with Lemon
- 20 organic chocolate sandwich cookies, finely ground
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 16 strawberries, hulled and cut flat
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup Stonyfield non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 10 ounces organic whipped topping, thawed
- 6 organic chocolate sandwich cookies coarsely chopped
- Cover an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper or non stick foil.
- Combine the chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Place the strawberries evenly throughout the pan, hull sides down.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until combined and fluffy. Beat in the greek yogurt on low.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Gently spoon the cream cheese mixture on top of the crust and strawberries.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate cookie crumbles.
- Refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight for soft and fluffy cheesecake bars. Slice and serve immediately. Or freeze for 2 hours, slice and place back in the freezer for ease of serving later for harder ice cream like cheesecake bars.
This post was created in partnership with Stonyfield. All opinions are my own. Please read my disclosure policy for further information.