Hi friends! Oh, where do I begin.
Long time, no see. Sorry about that! You’ll have to forgive me…getting back into the groove of things has taken longer than I thought it would with two precious boys keeping me busy! I’ll admit it, I’ve been taking my time, just soaking up these precious newborn weeks with Hayden before he gets to be a talking toddler like Liam! I swear, I blinked an eye and Liam went from 3 weeks old to 3 years old!
Well, during this time away, I’ve spent very little of it in the kitchen and I miss it SO! The few times I have made anything, they’ve been very easy recipes. That’s usually because I’m wearing Hayden and Liam is ‘helping me’ in the kitchen.
We’ve entertained guests a few times since Hayden was born and we HAVE to have dessert (no brainer). This is my go to recipe. I’ve been making it and have been meaning to share it now for over 3 years. Oops. Sorry to hold out on ya!
Well, wait no more!
Some people call it a chocolate cobbler, but it mostly reminds me of hot fudge, brownies and pudding…hence why I’ve called it Hot Fudge Brownie Pudding! I usually assemble it right before our guests arrive and it comes out of the oven just as we’re finishing out dinner.
It’s the perfect dessert for the chocoholic and pairs wonderfully with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Enjoy this gooey chocolate treat!
P.S. If you have leftovers (Ha!), simply pop them in the microwave for a few seconds and it’ll taste like it just came out of the oven!
Hot Fudge Brownie Pudding
adapted from Where Flours Bloom
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- (top mixture) 1/3 cup sugar
- (top mixture) 1/3 cup brown sugar
- (top mixture) 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup hot water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 1.5 quart baking dish with cooking oil. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, cocoa powder together.
- Next, stir in the milk, butter, vanilla and chocolate chips until combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- Combine the top mixture ingredients together and sprinkle over the batter.
- Pour the hot water evenly over everything without stirring it up.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the middle is almost set.
- Allow it to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Note: You can substitute all purpose flour for the white whole wheat flour if you want less of a wheat taste. Just bake it for a couple minutes longer.
This looks incredible!! I love warm gooey chocolate (obviously, who doesn’t?), and this is perfection.
awwww you should absolutely be soaking up this time with the new little one!!
But we’re glad to have you back 😀 I looove this brownie pudding-sooo chocolatey and decadent!
I LOVE Hot Fudge Brownie pudding, so I am SO glad you shared this recipe with us after 3 years! Totally pinning this chocolatey perfection!
I’ve made this twice now – so easy yet so decadent! You definitely need a scoop of ice cream with it!
So happy to hear that! And I agree, a scoop of ice cream is a must. 😀 Yum!