I’m honored to be a Stonyfield Ambassador this year, sharing deliciousness including this healthier appetizer. In just minutes you’ll have a restaurant ready dip!
To tell you the truth, I’m not a big fan of appetizers. If I’m going to eat extra calories, 9 times out of 10, it’ll be on dessert. But, I always make an exception for warm spinach and artichoke dip AND onion rings. Oh my word. So good and full of butter!
Thankfully, this dip is still full of it’s cheesy glory, giving it every bit of satisfaction. But, with a few modifications, it’s made healthier! Thank you, greek yogurt!
I just served this at our 4th of July get-together and we cleaned the bowl. It was such an easy appetizer, taking me about 15 minutes total (that’s including microwaving the frozen spinach) to whip up!
Even our toddler loved it! I probably could have just given him a bowl of it and a spoon and he would have been a happy camper.
I’ll be making this again for our next party! A big thank you to Late July for supplying the chips and for Stonyfield for providing the greek yogurt!
P.S. Hayden’s 5 month update is on Crackers & Carrots!
Healthier Spinach & Artichoke Dip
adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen
- 8oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat Stonyfield greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 14oz quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic cloves
- In a large pot over medium high heat, bring the the cream cheese, parmesan, yogurt and butter to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm with Late July chips (you’ll need two bags for this one)!
Servings: makes about 2 cups of dip
This post was created in partnership with Stonyfield and Late July. All opinions are my own. Please read my disclosure policy for further information.
I am also not a huge fan of appetizers because they are always so calorie dense and greasy! This looks SO good though, I love spinach and artichoke dip!
You’ll have to let me know if you give it a try! It’s even good as a little dinner if you serve it with raw vegetables!
I also love spinach artichoke dip and onion rings!!! This looks super tastilicious and I love how you healthified it!
Thank you Kayle! It was definitely tastilicious (love that word!). You’ll have to let me know if you try it! App it up!