When your toddler asks to bake cupcakes with you, you say yes. And because you have a baby strapped to your front and are constantly bouncing him to keep him from crying, you make a SMALL batch recipe. No time for a 30 minute baking session!
Literally, it took us 5 minutes to whip up the cupcakes. The hardest part is having patience while they bake! Guess how many games of pretend Matchbox Car car washes it took to distract him while they were cooking?
Only 37. So, there’s that.
I always keep a container of TruWhip in the freezer for emergency cupcakes. I set it out to thaw while the cupcakes were baking. Then, VOILA, instant cupcake topping as soon as they cooled from the oven.
These cupcakes are SUPER easy and fast, plus they taste delicious. Liam ate them both. He only let me have one bite of his two cupcakes.
I guess we should call this recipe cupcakes for one toddler, eh?
Strawberry Cupcakes for Two
adapted from Funfetti Cupcakes for Two
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons strawberry purée (about 4 small strawberries, blended)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 strawberry, cut it half
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the olive oil, egg, milk, vanilla extract, strawberry puree and sugar together.
- Add in the flour and baking powder.
- Pour into two prepared muffin liners in a muffin pan.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before taking out to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Top with the whipped topping and strawberries.
Servings: 2 cupcakes